Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How to clean black window trim??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240 4matic, Pewter/Charcoal
How to clean black window trim??

I noticed the black window trim has turned a purplish tint on my c240. Is there any way to restore the black shiny look?

Thanx...
Old 07-22-2004, 04:29 PM

Get Trim Detailer from Meguiar's.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:25 AM

Try 1Z Einszett ****pit Premium

Einszett ****pit Premium lightly cleans and protects in a single operation, leaving a perfect matte finish. ****pit Premium is a superior anti-static formula with a fresh scent that makes your car smell factory fresh.

****pit Premium is so gentle it can be used as a weekly interior quick detailer. It is also suitable for cleaning other smooth surfaces made of glass, plastic or painted metal. Use it on your leather and vinyl surfaces in the house to keep them clean and protected, as well.

You'll love how easy it is to use ****pit Premium. Simply spray, wipe and admire. Use ****pit Premium between applications of vinyl and leather dressing to keep your dash, console and seats free of dust and finger prints. Works great on interior wood and painted trim, too!

****pit Premium is our #1 selling interior product!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:15 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 138 Posts
What's this*Pit* have to do with the black metal window trim?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by RJC
What's this*Pit* have to do with the black metal window trim?
I guess the word c-o-c-k-p-i-t cant be displayed on this board because of the first four letters. They seem to be blocked, so that why you only see the "****pit". Get it?Just click on the link.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:17 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by jonw440
I guess the word c-o-c-k-p-i-t cant be displayed on this board because of the first four letters. They seem to be blocked, so that why you only see the "****pit". Get it?Just click on the link.
What I meant was , what does this stuff do for the external metal window trim; it sounds like its for the interior.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 11:04 AM

Nope it works great on exterior metal painted or anodized trim. My friend has a PT cruiser that has a black painted metal trim between the side window and rear side window that kept turning differant colors of black. Actually the dealer replace then two times. He was telling me the lated change was starting to do the same thing. I brought the CP in to work. I just sprayed it on the trim and wiped it with a Microfiber towel. It took me two applications but it turned nice and black. Like it was supposed to be. It has been over a month and it still looks great. He bought a bottle and touches it up after every wash.