Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

ware marks on leather ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 11:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 Bluetec, 1996 S320 & 2006 E320 CDI Sold to my son & 2017 GMC 2500 Diesel Pick up
ware marks on leather ?

I have been planning to put gray leather cream type polish on my seats where the Leather is scuffed from getting in and out. I was hoping this will help slow the ware. My old MB ***** through in that same place. Question ? Is this a good idea or will it just rub off? What do otrhers of you do to protect edges from ware ?
Rod
Old 08-14-2004, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by Rod Spohn
I have been planning to put gray leather cream type polish on my seats where the Leather is scuffed from getting in and out. I was hoping this will help slow the ware. My old MB ***** through in that same place. Question ? Is this a good idea or will it just rub off? What do otrhers of you do to protect edges from ware ?
Rod
Leatherique "klear kote" really protects edges from wear. It does a great job imo however it does alter the appearance slightly.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 Bluetec, 1996 S320 & 2006 E320 CDI Sold to my son & 2017 GMC 2500 Diesel Pick up
I read your post on leather care and looked for Leatherique Products at a couple auto parts places. Who might carry it or is it something you order?
What type of change to the apperance are you talking about with Leatherique "klear kote" ? My seats are light gray and I would think they would show a lot. ?( but maybe it would be worth the protection from ware )
Old 08-14-2004, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by Rod Spohn
I read your post on leather care and looked for Leatherique Products at a couple auto parts places. Who might carry it or is it something you order?
What type of change to the apperance are you talking about with Leatherique "klear kote" ? My seats are light gray and I would think they would show a lot. ?( but maybe it would be worth the protection from ware )

It makes the seats slightly glossy. The leatherique rejuvenator oil and pristine clean will deep clean and strengthen your leather. The finish left by those two products is an extremely matte natural look. I use the clear coat on my drivers bolsters as I have seen several other 3-series wear in that area.