Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Epic detailing failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 07:04 PM

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
2020 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic
Epic detailing failure

This morning I was power washing the wife's 2020 Jeep Cherokee Limited.

I had rinsed off the Jeep - then used a PF 22 foam cannon. AFter letting foam sit, removed foam cannon from quick connect on SGS28 sprayer.

I put the white 40 degree fan nozzle on the end of my sprayer, but forgot to check how secure it was. Pointed forwards front of the Jeep and as soon
as I squeezed the trigger, the white pressure washer nozzle left like a bullet - hitting left front of windwhield. I was mad at myself for not checking how secure it was attached.
To make things worse, I never did find the spray nozzle! Thought it would be by wiper motors or at bottom of windshield. Opened front hood, searched with flash light in garage, but no sign of my wite spray nozzle.
I've been over my driveway numerous times this afternoon, checked the engine bay again, even looked for where a possible ricochet may have occurred.

Lesson learned - pull on spray nozzle after QC attachment to make sure it is secured by the collar.

I think NORAD is tracking the spray nozzle somewhere in orbit over China!
The following users liked this post:
crobb65 (04-04-2021)