Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Getting wax off Designo Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 05:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG GT 63, CLS550 4Matic, Escalade ESV, Wrangler JK
Getting wax off Designo Paint

So much to my joy my new AMG GT 63 arrived Monday night.

Tuesday morning I notice an 8 in long scratch in the paint. The car was bought out of state and I confirmed with the dealer that it left pristine. Their copy of the bill of lading shows no markups and my copy of the 3 part form, of course, is marked up. The even sent photos they took of the car when it was picked up.

I have no doubt something happened which sitting in the back of an enclosed trailer. To add insult to injury, the shipper tried to cover the scratch with wax or some high gloss scratch concealer. The result is have this nice glossy looking streak, which stands out like a sore thumb. I had my detail guy take a look. He tried 3 different things to get the wax off. It improved by maybe 30%.

Does anyone know of a good product to take wax off Designo paint? I tried Dr Beasleys first. Detailer tried alcohol, degreaser, etc.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 718 Likes on 535 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
if alcohol did not get it off...
maybe they ended up polishing the matte paint into shiny paint?
Like you can to old paint w/o clear coat; cut & Buff to nice shine..

Or Maybe it is coming off slowly? if so washing maybe better for overall scheme of things