Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How to remove brake dust from inside wheel and between wheel nuts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204

Very heavy brake dust and using brake dust remover sprays didn't work.. Also is there any way I can clean inside the wheel without taking the wheel off?
Old 12-01-2021, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 674 Likes on 500 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
Try other tire wheel cleaners
LEt them sit on dust longer but never dry.
Go to griots garage and buy a bunch of different wheel brushes which get in all those nooks and cranies
Old 06-09-2022, 09:46 AM

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by jusxusfanatic

Very heavy brake dust and using brake dust remover sprays didn't work.. Also is there any way I can clean inside the wheel without taking the wheel off?
I use the below wheel woolies on my 458 all the time. These are big rims and it gets all the way inside. Then I use a hogs hair brush for the bolts and emblems, etc. Ammo plum to get all the dirt soaking and some Ammo brute wheel soap to clean em good. Link for the wheel woolies I use is below.

Wheel Woolies Wheel Woolies
Old 06-10-2022, 04:04 AM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 E550 Cab, 2009 CLK550 Cab, 2006 CLK350 Cab
Ditto on both of the above suggestions.
I ceramic coated my rims and it made them so much easier to clean. Dust basically rinses off. Still need some wiring with the woolies or brushes.
The following users liked this post:
MNBobber (12-01-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 01:45 PM

Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
Originally Posted by vich3
Ditto on both of the above suggestions.
I ceramic coated my rims and it made them so much easier to clean. Dust basically rinses off. Still need some wiring with the woolies or brushes.
Another option that I use after it was recommended by someone on MBWorld is ArmorAll Outlast Brake Dust Repellent https://www.armorall.com/product/out...ust-repellent/. Just spray it on after the wheels are completely clean and let it dry for an hour or so.. So far it has helped a lot to keep my wheels clean
Old 06-11-2022, 01:50 PM

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by as.thompson
Another option that I use after it was recommended by someone on MBWorld is ArmorAll Outlast Brake Dust Repellent https://www.armorall.com/product/out...ust-repellent/. Just spray it on after the wheels are completely clean and let it dry for an hour or so.. So far it has helped a lot to keep my wheels clean
Best solution is to take off the wheels, clean them inside and out and then either ceramic coat them or I use an AMMO product Gelee and coat everything including the inner barrels. The dirt literally just sprays right off, ceramic would be longer lasting for sure
Old 06-11-2022, 02:59 PM

Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
Originally Posted by DoctorDash
Best solution is to take off the wheels, clean them inside and out and then either ceramic coat them or I use an AMMO product Gelee and coat everything including the inner barrels. The dirt literally just sprays right off, ceramic would be longer lasting for sure
Ceramic coating would be a more permanent solution. Outlast only lasts for a few washings but it's easy and quick to apply.