Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How do I know if dealership actually ceramic coated my vehicle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
How do I know if dealership actually ceramic coated my vehicle?

hello, i am looking at purchasing a mercedes and in the past i always opt out of ppf/ceramic coat at dealer since I can take it to a local shop that does a good job + save some money, however now a days it seems like most dealers just install it when the vehicle lands which forces the customer to buy it with the coat/ppf/etc
Atm, i found a vehicle i found but sadly it has the $2000 ceramic coat already added and I asked the dealer if they could remove but they said it is already done to the vehicle. I know they can't remove it but how can I actually know if the ceramic coat is applied. Do all mercedes dealers have to send me a print out or something? or is there a certain way I can actually test the paint to ensure it was added. I am not saying the dealer is scamming me etc but I just want peace of mind

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2023, 05:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 472 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
would not pay dealer for it and tell them as much.
Old 02-18-2023, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
I would ask to talk to their installer to find out what was applied and how many layers - so that you can anticipate how long it might last. I would be suspicious on what was applied and for 2k would expected several layers of high quality coating.

but yeah, don’t like that they did it. I’d want to correct and defects before applying a coating.
Old 02-19-2023, 09:53 AM

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts
2017 550SL - 2018 560S
I have always suspected ceramic coating, upholstery protection, and nitrogen-filled tires are total scams. I will not pay for it. Thousands of cars are available daily that match the specs buyers are looking for. If you really like a vehicle, offer a price you are comfortable with and just walk if the dealer is not willing to sell.
The following users liked this post:
RavenCLS (03-08-2023)