Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Magno Paint and Hard-water spotting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 01:58 PM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
'21 E63S4S in glorious Brilliant Blue Magno
Magno Paint and Hard-water spotting

Ugh, this past weekend I was washing my 2021 E63 in Brilliant Blue Magno. Car was wet and I got a call I had to take. While I was on the phone, the sun came out and baked my wet car for about 30 minutes. When I dried it, it was covered in hard water spots. The hood and roof are covered in spots. My car looks a leopard now.

I tried rewashing - with little effect. I also tried windex which did nothing. I know I cannot do any buffing or polish.

Any suggestions? I saw in another thread somebody mentioned CLR "Lime Away". I considered that but was worried about harming the finish even more.

I ceramic coated my car, but that was last summer. It has undoubtedly worn off by now.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
Carpro spotless works pretty good for me. I apply it several times with medium rubbing.
Old 08-09-2023, 01:02 PM

Received 97 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 AMG E63s Ed1
I use Koch Chemie Finish Spray Exterior which is meant to remove any lime scale...Kind of similar to CLR.

What ever you use, i would test a spot that is not very visible and see for any after effects besides the lime scale removal.