Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Windshield film worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 08:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Roadster
Windshield film worth it?

I posted this in another forum but no responses. I need to bring the car in and keep teedering which way to go. Hope to get some help here..

Has anyone gotten the Xpel windshield protection installed? Had the car PPF's and ceramic coated and when picking her up I was asked why I didn't go for the windshield film. I said I wasn't told about it. I have to bring her in for a 2 week install inspection and trying to decide if I want to do the windshield.. $500+ Thoughts? I'm afraid it's going to distort the view or show more damage than the actual glass would show but then again if it did either of those they wouldn't be selling the product. right? XPel is a quality company and all that this installer uses. Just need some help to decide. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 414 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by SteveKoz
I posted this in another forum but no responses. I need to bring the car in and keep teedering which way to go. Hope to get some help here..

Has anyone gotten the Xpel windshield protection installed? Had the car PPF's and ceramic coated and when picking her up I was asked why I didn't go for the windshield film. I said I wasn't told about it. I have to bring her in for a 2 week install inspection and trying to decide if I want to do the windshield.. $500+ Thoughts? I'm afraid it's going to distort the view or show more damage than the actual glass would show but then again if it did either of those they wouldn't be selling the product. right? XPel is a quality company and all that this installer uses. Just need some help to decide. Thanks.
Some G owners get them because of the windshield rake, they get broken a lot more often. I think those owners have spoken positively about it.
Old 05-01-2024, 06:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 655 Likes on 486 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
would not wipers scratch it and well eventually in raininy places realy obstruct vision??
Old 05-01-2024, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 904 Likes on 695 Posts
G550
Buy full glass replacent coverage from your insurer, if it's not included in your base rate. Avoid tailgating rock-throwers and roads littered with debris. Insurers are advocates of the driver assistance features that make glass replacement so expensive, and if your annual premium is like mine, it bumped up 20% this year over last. Let your insurer pay.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Roadster
Originally Posted by ygmn
would not wipers scratch it and well eventually in raininy places realy obstruct vision??
This is my concern too..
Old 05-01-2024, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 414 Posts
MB
Is it a different xpel product or the one announced here that is suppose to come out in Q3:
https://www.xpel.com/newsroom/xpel-u...-care-products

Here's a competing product :

Last edited by wildta; 05-01-2024 at 11:13 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wildta:
MB2timer (05-02-2024), SteveKoz (05-02-2024)