Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Not happy with Zaino

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C240 4Matic
Not happy with Zaino

Just got the whole Zaino package, and first applied a test run on my lexus...wasnt that impressed at all...maybe im applying too little (i can even see it going on), or its too cold???(40 F)...no streaks or anything, i did all the steps, and yes the clay bar did smooth out the paint, yet the zaino seemed to dull the paint more then gloss it...works just a good as any wax IMO.

I attached some pictures, of course its hard to really tell, and sure the paint looks clean and clear, but I'm not quite ready to apply it to my benz

I hope you guys can make me just as big of a fan as you all are about this product....Im in New York, any detailers...
Attached Thumbnails Not happy with Zaino-dsc00918.jpg   Not happy with Zaino-dsc00919.jpg  
Old 01-12-2005, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
You can't tell anything from small pics posted on a forum. Any dirty car can be made to look squeaky clean. You'll just have to judge it for yourself in person. Try a side-by-side comparison between another brand. Leave it on for a few weeks and see how they compare.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
that pic looks good to me, maybe the claying made it dull... claying DOES scratch your car. 40F is pretty cold for zaino, give it a week or so.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Almost a Member!

'81 380SL/dual cam chain-LT4 vette-Z06 ('03) vette-I need a bigger garage....
I have clayed several vehicles in the last few years. No scratches so far. Make sure the car is flushed really well after a good washing and get it into a covered area where no dust is blowing such as may be found in windy conditions. Use a diluted wash as lubricant and keep surface very wet. I have had nothing but good results.

If zaino does not shine your paint when applied properly (as can be found on the website at zainobros) then please let me know what you find that does shine it, if there is any such thing in this world.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:24 PM

2005 C240 4Matic
Zaino Update

Hey Guys,
Well to keep you all posted after much practice I've pratically Mastered the art of Zaino. I guess lighting was the problem with the lexus gx you see above. Once taken out of the garage it really shined!

After some friends and neighbors saw the results, they basically begged me to do their cars.
I took much joy in being able to shine up some of these cars, which include(pictures of each to follow)

VW Toureg
SL-500
05 Mustang GT
Escalade
Porsche Carrera

Zaino shined up each! looks like im going to have a busy summer..
Old 02-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by TwofourT
Hey Guys,
Well to keep you all posted after much practice I've pratically Mastered the art of Zaino. I guess lighting was the problem with the lexus gx you see above. Once taken out of the garage it really shined!

After some friends and neighbors saw the results, they basically begged me to do their cars.
I took much joy in being able to shine up some of these cars, which include(pictures of each to follow)

VW Toureg
SL-500
05 Mustang GT
Escalade
Porsche Carrera

As a fellow Zaino user, I'm glad to hear of your success. As I first started reading this thread, I thought for sure you must have done something wrong if you didn't think Zaino was any better than a regular old wax. Glad to hear it was just the light.

I have found that Zaino is one of the easiest product to apply. It goes on fast, and comes off easy. Plus you don't have to be super careful around trim pieces. Once applied, it provides a great deep shine, and lasts longer than any other product I've ever used. The only bad thing I can say about Zaino is that you cannot apply this product over any other product. Your car needs to be stripped and properly prepared before you use it.

Well, now all you need to do is to post some more pics of your work (with proper lighting of course ).
Old 03-06-2005, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
Need to try Optimun spray on wax.

Take a look at these two wax jobs.

I used Meguiar's Gold Class car wash and Optimun spray on wax.
http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/th...posts=3&fid=28

I used Meguiar's Gold Class car wash, Meguiar's Deep Crystal polish, and Meguiar's Gold Class wax.
http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/th...osts=18&fid=37
Old 03-10-2005, 01:27 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TwofourT
Hey Guys,

VW Toureg
SL-500
05 Mustang GT
Escalade
Porsche Carrera

Since you have mastered the Zaino technique and you enjoy applying the shine, how about doing my car.