Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Transaprent Paint Protection Film Tips / Maintenance / Faqs

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yugos only
Unhappy AutoBond versus Venture - estimate problems/Geico

1. I'm having some minor body work done and the Venture Shield that the dealer installed has to be replaced.

GEICO specified Autobond which I have never heard of. There is no information on the internet that I've been able to find.

I like the Venture Shield and want them to use this instead of some cheap Glad Wrap.

2. Also, GEICO refuses to pay the labor rate that my shop charges and only allows about half the time to fix the car. The labor rate they use is based on that of their captive shop - GEICO actually has a desk there. The shop they want me to use is NOT recommended by my MB dealer. The alternative shop recommended by the MB dealer has the same labor rate as my shop.

3. GEICO will not tell me the name of the computer estimating system they use. It is not the same as either independent shop. How can the estimate be similar?

4. Obviously this is not a similar repair - it takes a certain amount of time to fix a car properly, especially an AMG. The parts are the same but not the skills.

What is my recourse? I am in NH.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Geico has resolved the problem to my satisfaction

Originally Posted by ivanj
1. I'm having some minor body work done and the Venture Shield that the dealer installed has to be replaced.

GEICO specified Autobond which I have never heard of. There is no information on the internet that I've been able to find.

I like the Venture Shield and want them to use this instead of some cheap Glad Wrap.

2. Also, GEICO refuses to pay the labor rate that my shop charges and only allows about half the time to fix the car. The labor rate they use is based on that of their captive shop - GEICO actually has a desk there. The shop they want me to use is NOT recommended by my MB dealer. The alternative shop recommended by the MB dealer has the same labor rate as my shop.

3. GEICO will not tell me the name of the computer estimating system they use. It is not the same as either independent shop. How can the estimate be similar?

4. Obviously this is not a similar repair - it takes a certain amount of time to fix a car properly, especially an AMG. The parts are the same but not the skills.

What is my recourse? I am in NH.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prius; 2010 E350 Coupe P2, Appearance Package
Originally Posted by grane
That is exactly why I do not have Geico. I have heard many horror stories of good rates but absolutely terrible customer service once a claim is made.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:35 PM

370Z Roadster
Smile Paint Protection Film

I'm seeking 1st hand knowledge/experience with Paint Protection Film including 3M's VentureShield, Bekaert's Solargard and Duarshield+'s Protection Film. All are reportedly 8mil films including top clear coat and I've had little success finding information on the net or in discussion groups. I'm looking to cover the bumper, fenders, hood & mirrors and possibly the door bottoms/sills and headlights. Most of the information I've obtained to date is from suppliers and/or installers with little if any input from satisfied/dissatisfied users (further input from former would also be appreciated). I will appreciate hearing about your experiences and recommendations, both good & bad with products you have used. Installed prices for package installed would also be of interest but not critical. On previous vehicles I've used Bra kits (OEM and LeBra, with varying degrees of success, thus my interest in today's Film Protection. Will be happy to provide comment on my experience with Bra's if anyone is interested.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:04 PM

2011 GL450 P2, Appearance Pkg, Leather. 2012 C250, P1, Sport, AMG Wheels, Panorama Sunroof.
i think this sticky needs to be redone. alot has changed since 2005. anybody, anybody?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
+1
Old 05-11-2011, 03:39 PM

MBO
Correct. The first post on this topic by premier most of the film information is out dated. Like all posts you want to do your due diligence, question and reconfirm.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
Any good installers in NYC area?