Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Zymöl or P21S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 and A-CLASS
Zymöl or P21S

I am getting all my stuff ready for Star Tech 2005 in Carey, NC and I am thinking of using a new wax. I am currently using Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo, polish, and Gold Class wax. I noticed that the gold class wax does not last long.

I want my SL to look great when I get to Star Tech, so what is a great wax to use.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
gold class only lasts about a week or so, I have had much better luck with P21S. P21S is VERY easy to apply and leaves an excellent finish. It will probably last you about a month depending on how you keep your car.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:37 PM

For a show car wax, you can't go wrong with anything from Pinnacle. I use Souveran and it makes my black car look like a deep pool of water. You simply can't beat it!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2012 GLK 350
Gold Class paste lasts longer than the liquid

Originally Posted by tiggerfink
I am getting all my stuff ready for Star Tech 2005 in Carey, NC and I am thinking of using a new wax. I am currently using Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo, polish, and Gold Class wax. I noticed that the gold class wax does not last long.

I want my SL to look great when I get to Star Tech, so what is a great wax to use.
Gold class paste is a good hard wax
Old 02-03-2005, 11:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Wax:
Waxes are generally used as a renewable, sacrificial protection against airborne contaminants like ultra violet (UV) and infrared (IR) radiation, oxidation, acid rain, industrial fallout, pollution and bird and insect excrement Through dissipation Carnauba waxes are limited in their protecting capabilities, more specifically, these wax compounds have a melting point of 180oF. When the temperature of the painted surface exceeds the melting point, the waxes will melt from a hard wax to oil and will pick up dust particles and other contaminants, when this occurs, the waxes are easily washed off.

In actual practice, the temperature frequently leads to melting of the wax compounds (which also contains solvents, mineral oils and sometime Beeswax (130oF melting points). For example, a painted surface exposed to ambient temperatures of 80oF, direct sunlight will increase that temperature to190oF plus. Environmental (air quality and etc) conditions would also make a difference to durability.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:27 PM

'99 E430
Originally Posted by JM19
For a show car wax, you can't go wrong with anything from Pinnacle. I use Souveran and it makes my black car look like a deep pool of water. You simply can't beat it!
For carnaubas there's just no better then Soveran, expecially on dark colors . Remember, its your prep work that makes or breaks the deal... the quality of your last-step product is only as good as what you apply it to.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'07 Carrera S, '31 A 5W hot rod, 4Runner. Sold CLK55
Originally Posted by tiggerfink

What is Star Tech in Carey, NC? There is no city named Carey in NC, do you mean Cary, North Carolina?