Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
Arrow Diesel exhaust

Hey guys,

My dad has a Ford Lariat that he wants to get an exhaust for( I know it’s a benz forum but I don’t know any ford forums), he wants to get a better performance exhaust from the turbo all the way to the back. Does it have to get the A/F ratio stuff adjusted like the benz’s ? anywhere you guys recommended to get this done ? I’m located in SF. Cali! Thanks guys !
Old 03-04-2006, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Pickup any hot rod or truck rodding magazines you'll find a bunch or just go directly to Summit racing or Jeggs.
High performance begins with breathing so filter and exhaust first.Then he can get a fuel plate for the injection pump, then play with the turbo and the waste gate ,but watch the combustion temperatures , cause it will melt the pistons
Old 03-05-2006, 08:49 AM

W211 CDI, W203, 03 Dodge CTD
Robert, unless that Ford has a Cummins(Bosch P7100 injection pump) in it, it wont have a fuel plate

My vote would be a Silverline system. Its pricey, but all stainless. Scheid carries it. Almost any aftermarket system will work, just depends if you are looking for quality and how much he is willing to spend. If you have some time, parouse The Diesel Garage and Oilburners.

Air/Fuel ratios do not apply to a diesel.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:17 PM

None
Hey he should get a superchips tuner for his truck but for diesel domestic trucks the site i found for my uncle was bully dog they have exhaust and are featured in lots of magazines if i remember they specialize in diesel performance
Old 03-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Banned

F248 F1
thanks guys for the tips...i'm going to read about all the info i got from you guys tonight see what i can acquire and let my dad know !