Just installed a K&N in my 95 E300D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 1999 ML430
Just installed a K&N in my 95 E300D

I have always used K&N'n in my cars and never noticed much power increase or anything like that, I like them because they last forever and i clean them every oil change. I just got done installing one in my 95 E300D and it made a noticeable difference with power, and off the line acceleration. Anyone else done this with their 95, was there any noticeable difference in fuel economy less or better? Unfortunately, I don't have any road trips planned in the near future, so I am wondering what to expect in regards to fuel economy?

thanks
ccorley
Old 04-15-2006, 10:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tesla model S
Please update with any mileage gains or power increases felt, I've had the k&n drop in filters before and can't say I'ver noticed any difference but I have the diesel now and would drop one in again if there is a difference - thanks for the update.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1981 300SD TurboDiesel, 1982 300D TurboDiesel
Originally Posted by ccorley
I have always used K&N'n in my cars and never noticed much power increase or anything like that, I like them because they last forever and i clean them every oil change. I just got done installing one in my 95 E300D and it made a noticeable difference with power, and off the line acceleration. Anyone else done this with their 95, was there any noticeable difference in fuel economy less or better? Unfortunately, I don't have any road trips planned in the near future, so I am wondering what to expect in regards to fuel economy?

thanks
ccorley
I have always heard that K&N filters are not beneficial to MB diesels in any way, especially in turbos, but you have a non turbocharged OM606 in your W124, so there will be a slight increase in power, but there's a downside. Consequently, allowing more air with a less restrictive filter allows more dirt and particulates in, damaging the engine. If you had a significantly noticeable increase in power after switching filters, the old filter may have been badly clogged. If you do a 0-60 time with a clean, OEM paper filter, and then with no filter, they should be exactly the same. What was the condition of the old filter?

-Joe