Sponsored by:

E300TD wagon poor economy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E300TD wagon poor economy

E300TD poor economy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

My E300TD does an average of 20mpg when it should be doing aleast 30-35
I have had it fully serviced with the air filters changed , only change is the bigger wheels that have not altered the poor mpg on this car , I love the car (7 seater wagon) as I have 4 kids but I was hoping for at least 30mpg on a motorway run.It has done 115 miles and is immaculate , no black smoke on kick down and it runs very smooth (full MBSH)
I dont rev the car hard and find that motorway driving doesnt seem to make a difference , I have booked the car into a Merc delarship this Saturday to see if the ECU is showing irregularities point to the MAF or the car running too rich, tyre pressures are good as they are new wheels with low profile tryes.

any ideas even after drive like "Miss Daisy" as I only get 340miles on a 62 lite take fill up (£58.00) ?
for a deisel this is very poor

PS does anyone have a secondhand W210 Eclass diesel rear exhaust box (stainless steel) for sale ,pref Superprint with oval pipes (bolt on to orginal exhaust wagon system , no mods) ? please let me know as the UK prices for a back box are £511.00 + delivery ....ouchhhhhh!!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 1999 ML430
E300TD poor economy

Your car has 3 fuel filters, have these been changed? This can cause this type of behavior. Also, have you check for any fuel leaks?

-ccorley