Sponsored by:

ML32Cdi - Running In Procedures?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320CDi
ML32Cdi - Running In Procedures?

Due to collect new ML on Friday. Having been a petrolhead all my life and swearing never to buy a coke burner I am looking forward to the experience. Is there any running in tips that should be followed? Do you keep it below a certain RPM for 1000 miles? Just wondered what the correct procedureis, if any?

Thanks
Old 05-27-2006, 09:22 AM
LNL

C300
Originally Posted by puckrup
Due to collect new ML on Friday. Having been a petrolhead all my life and swearing never to buy a coke burner I am looking forward to the experience. Is there any running in tips that should be followed? Do you keep it below a certain RPM for 1000 miles? Just wondered what the correct procedureis, if any?
I understand that recommended break-in procedures are in the manual. Some diesel break-in tips were posted in this thread in the W211 forum on Benzworld:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211...ght=diesel+new

I do not own a diesel (yet), so I'm merely repeating what I've read.

Congratulations on your new wheels!

Lou
Old 05-29-2006, 11:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M5 Jahre Edition S, KTM 1290R Super Duke ,C63 AMG 2011[Gone],A45 AMG 2013, MV Agusta 750 [2000]
call me abit of a head case ? But this is my fifth new Mercedes Diesel & I have always just got in to the motor & just nailed it [With all my cars] Im possibly lucky that I have had no problems at all . Im in the truckling Industry & we never run the vehicle's on low revs when they are new or they end up not being able to pull at all. [But if youre not sure just go with the fairy steps in the manual]

Krgds
Eck
CLS,[05] Iridium Silver,,Amg bodystyling with twin Amg Exhaust,Amg 19" Alloys,Nappa Club Design,High Gloss Laurel Wood,Driver& passenger full electric pack + mirrors + sterring column, Heatedfront seats,Heated rear seats,Keyless Go,Luxury Climate Control,Parktronic,Remote boot closing, Paddle Steering Wheel Shift Button's, Bi-Xenon Lamps with Active Light System + cornering + headlamp wash,6 Disc Cd Changer,Command APS with Cd/Dvd + Sat Nav system,Harmon/Kardon Logic 7 surround sound -recent ipod hard wire,via command system Telephone prewire, Type of phone Sony T68 , Rear Amg Lip Spoiler ,Updated Management system ECU + 50 Bhp + 95NM Torque. [274bhp as per DMS]
Old 05-30-2006, 08:17 AM

ML320-CDI first of all you should know that you have bought a CDI-280 with a microchip in it. If you look at the specifications you will also notice it is a
3L and not a 3.2L
I have a E320 CDI which on a good day can do 4.9L/100. If your expecting that out of your ML forget it. I get 18L/100 in town and approx 10L/100 on the highway. My can only has 5000kms on the clock I only got it on the 1st of Feb/06