Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reboot issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reboot issues

I'm coming to the MB World (a 1999 e300td) from an Audi S4. When the Audi has gotten weird (codes), I have disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes and then reconnected it. In sum, it reboots the computer and gives the system a chance to reset it self. Other than the radio code, clock etc., are there any issues with rebooting an e300td?
Old 06-16-2006, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you reboot . . .

I did a bit of research on the "reboot the car's computer by disconnecting from the battery for a bit" issue and here's what I learned. It will reboot the computer, clear all of the codes, and you will need to reset the radio code and resynch all four windows andn possbily the sunroof by holding the window switch in the down position until the window travels all the way down, and then hold the button down beyond the one touch click point on the switch for a few seconds, and then send the window back up by holding the up button down and againing hold the button down beyond the one touch click point for a few seconds. Repeat on the other three windows. If your sunroof has a one touch switch (mine does not) you have to do the same thing. Open hold, close hold.