Sponsored by:

Biodiesel for a 1984 300D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1974 240D and 1974 Peugeot 504D
Biodiesel for a 1984 300D

I'm collecting used cooking oil from a "Manny and Olga's" restaurant nearby, hoping to eventually convert it into B100 for my 1984 300D.

I know I'll have to change all the fuel lines to avoid the biodiesel from eating through the old rubber lines.

Also, I was wondering what the best way would be to reach out to other local (Arlington, VA) diesel owners to see if there was any interest in a co-op? Are there companies that keep track of these types of lists? (I.e., all people that own diesel cars?)
Old 11-01-2006, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDi, 2008 3/4 Ton Suburban, 2007 "rice rickshaw" Accord 5 speed
recycled diesel substitutes

Originally Posted by wileysegovia
I'm collecting used cooking oil from a "Manny and Olga's" restaurant nearby, hoping to eventually convert it into B100 for my 1984 300D.

I know I'll have to change all the fuel lines to avoid the biodiesel from eating through the old rubber lines.

Also, I was wondering what the best way would be to reach out to other local (Arlington, VA) diesel owners to see if there was any interest in a co-op? Are there companies that keep track of these types of lists? (I.e., all people that own diesel cars?)
You are in luck. Your 1984 300D is able to burn almost anything. Bio-diesels do not have the energy as 500 ppm sulphur enriched diesel. You can burnt other types of lubricants though like cheap automatic transmission fluids (ATF) and engine oils though I avoided blackened ones. The ATF is particularly good for silencing old engines. One quart per tank is enough every few thousand miles. If I were you I would keep that car forever. With the new multiple filters and urea (rich in urine) injection nonsense coming in with the 2008 MY diesel heads are going to be legislated to death. Isn't it wonderful to belch a lot of black smoke while new diesel owners have to pay the extra money for nothing?