Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EDP European Delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Bluetec P2 package panaroma sunroof wood and leather steering wheel, keyless go
EDP European Delivery

Hi all really new to this site filled with all kinds of info I AM LOVING IT. Well back in Oct I placed my order for the Bluetec with P2 premium package, keyless GO, leather and wood steering wheel and panaroma roof, MB Tex. The dealship in Austin promised the car would be ready on Dec 15th in Stuggart. I got an *** kicking rate of 3.9 %. I told him I would need the deal closed by 30th of Nov to get that rate. All I need to close the deal is the vein. We have been playing it will be ready on this date, but the date can and went no vein. He says it will be in production on or about the 20th so I can close my loan. How long does it take to build the car and what recourse do I have if the car isn't readyto close by the 30th or the 14th when I get there? This is my first MB and I love the gadgets that are availible How long does it take to get from Germany to Jax then from Jax to New Orleans if anyone knows off hand. I need to get the car as quickly as possible because my wife promised my work car to my little sister for Thanksgiving. I will be driving a expedition 120 mi round trip to work until I get the car home
Old 11-18-2006, 10:44 AM

Harley-Davidson
You should check with your dealership to verify this, but I understand the car has to be paid for before you leave for Germany.

My car was built the week of August 20th, and I got it delivered to me on October 3rd.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:39 AM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Delivery Time from Germany to US

We picked up a EDB C Class for my wife in May, did the Black Forest Rallye and shipped in through M-B's approved shipper from Munich. It took eight long weeks for it to finally arrive back at the delivering dealership in California.

Great experience. Would definitely like to repeat it again.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Almost a Member!

07 Bluetec P2 package panaroma sunroof wood and leather steering wheel, keyless go
2 days left before my 3.9% rate expires any ideas still no vein?
Old 11-26-2006, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
Originally Posted by Tuffy72
2 days left before my 3.9% rate expires any ideas still no vein?
Do you mean VIN ? What does your dealer say?
Old 11-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Yes, vin. The dealership which is not in New Orleans. They didn't offer up on the EDP. So I went and used the dealership in Austin. He has told me on 2 seperate occasions that I would have the vin before the date, but in 2 days my loan has to be closed or it will cost extra thousands in financing. Anyone doing this program were you able to recieve the vin before the car was finished?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:03 AM

'05 E320 CDI, '07 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2007 Porsche GT3
Euro Delivery Tips

Tuffy: Highly recommend you do a search on the W211 forum under "Euro Delivery". There are many things that you should be aware of. I posted a long summary in late '04 and others have done the same.

M-B's ED program was one of the great experiences of my life. Hope you've allocated yourself enough time in Germany to enjoy things (we did 10 days). Also hope you're getting a navigation sytem, as ours absolutely made our trip!!!

We paid for the car about a month before taking delivery in Germany, and I don't see that we had a VIN at that point (we paid cash).

Best regards - enjoy your new car and your trip.