BP Ultimate Diesel Online Forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche
BP Ultimate Diesel Online Forum

Hey all,

There is a BP Ultimate Diesel Online forum taking place on 23 October and is open to all Australian residents. I am an expert on the night as I am BP’s Technical Manager. The forum will give people the chance to chat live with three experts: Allan Whiting, 4x4 Australia Magazine’s Technical Editor; John Carey, Associate Editor of Wheels Magazine; and myself. We’ll be sharing our knowledge with participants and will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about all things diesel.

Thought it may be of interest to some of you. Check it out at www.bpfuelexperts.com.au

Cheers,
Garry
Old 10-21-2008, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have used ARAL(BP) in Germany, and it is really great stuff. ARAL and Shell are the only two companies I know of there who sell a premium diesel in Germany, and I did I lot of research on the two fuels; even though Shell's V-Power diesel has a higher cetane number and is GTL fuel, the car ran better and got better fuel economy with Aral Ultimate diesel. Both are far better than regular diesel, but the Aral Ultimate is a fantastic product!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDi, 2008 3/4 Ton Suburban, 2007 "rice rickshaw" Accord 5 speed
Please explain what is Aral Ultimate

Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
I have used ARAL(BP) in Germany, and it is really great stuff. ARAL and Shell are the only two companies I know of there who sell a premium diesel in Germany, and I did I lot of research on the two fuels; even though Shell's V-Power diesel has a higher cetane number and is GTL fuel, the car ran better and got better fuel economy with Aral Ultimate diesel. Both are far better than regular diesel, but the Aral Ultimate is a fantastic product!
This is all Greek to me.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by harkgar
This is all Greek to me.
Aral Ultimate is Aral's premium diesel

It now seems that all brands in Germany are either offering premium diesel (when two grades are offered), or have updated their diesel to be a better product (single grade). Below is the list of diesel products sold in germany (to my knowledge) and the indication of whether it is premium diesel or updated single grade.

Aral (2 grade): Aral Ultimate
Shell (2 grade): V-Power Diesel
Total (2 grade): Excellium Diesel
Agip (1 grade): DieselTECH
OMV (1 grade): Sprint Diesel

The Total and Aral products are excellent, as is the shell, although I found the performance/economy of the V-Power to be less than Ultimate or Excellium.

The OMV is disappointing the one time I tried it, but the AGIP diesel seemes pretty good for being the price of regular diesel.