Sponsored by:

Veg Car runs rough after Diesel is used

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1983 240D
Veg Car runs rough after Diesel is used

So I use a single-tank system in sunny Florida. There are heating elements on the fuel line and the fuel injectors. I recently have been running low on oil and had to put diesel in my tank. I didn't unplug the heating elements from the fuel line and injectors since I thought I would be able to find more veg, but ended up running with diesel for awhile. It started to run really rough and there also started to be a loud clanking that would go on and off. I didn't know what it was. Someone said it could be a failed injector. But after I put in more veg it went away and now it is running really smooth.

Do I need to be concerned at all or was the loud banging just because of the extra heat when the diesel was running? I know it's not good to have the heating elements on when diesel is running. It was also still banging when I disconnected the elements and I still had diesel running though. I just want to make sure that I didn't cause any extra problems when the elements were going with diesel, or if that was what was even going on.

Thanks!

Davis
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
I wonder whether it is anything to do with component clearances with the thicker vegie oil Vs the thinner diesel ?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,048 Likes on 970 Posts
1999 E300TD
Sounds to like you have an issue with your glow system!!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1983 240D
Originally Posted by Carsy
I wonder whether it is anything to do with component clearances with the thicker vegie oil Vs the thinner diesel ?
Yes, that's what I was thinking it could be. I also haven't done a valve adjustment in a long time so maybe that could also be an issue as well?