Sponsored by:

I'm a new Blutec owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Jaguar XE (TDI)
I'm a new Blutec owner

I found a Certified 2011 Blutec that my wife really likes, so we are now Blutec owners. On the 115 mile trip home my fuel consumption was 37.7 and I was cruising at 70 - 80 (just keeping up with California freeway traffic), so I'm very, very pleased.

When we got home we programmed the garage door openers and started programming the pre sets on the radio. With the key in position 1 (what used to be a acc position on older models) the radio would shut down after just a few minutes. I tried finding something in the owners manual that addressed the shut down but could find nothing. If I shut the key off and turned it back on the radio would work again.

So my questions are: Is this an automatic feature, and if so, can it be adjusted. There are times when I'm waiting for something and would like to listen to the radio without the engine running.

An additional question. We got the premium 1 package and the sport package. My wife really liked the wood steering wheel that comes with the luxury package, so I paid an extra $500 and the dealer said that he could pay the difference and swap out the standard steering wheel next week when the new wood steering wheel was delivered. Since then I've had someone tell me that you can't use the wood steering wheel with the sport package, that it will only work with the luxury package. Can anyone verify this either way ?

Also, I'm sure I'm going to run into additional questions, and I don't want to bother everyone with my stupid questions, so if anyone with a Blutec is willing to answer the occasional question, please shoot me a PM or an email at Skromfols@hotmail.com.

Thanks to everyone for answering my previous questions. You've helped me make a great decision.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 ML350 Bluetec, '16 Subaru Legacy; '94 Toyota Pickup
I'm interested in the answers to all your questions as I will be new to Mercedes myself. My new ML350BT should be in next week ;-).
Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Question #1...yes,that's the way they're designed.If it can be cahnged I'm unaware of it...I think it's designed that way to avoid running down the battery.

Question #2...don't know,but if the dealer says it can be done logic suggests that it probably can be.Although dealers can make mistakes.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Jaguar XE (TDI)
Thanks Lister.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
It should automatically shut down after about 15 minutes if you start it with the key off.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by ImInPA
It should automatically shut down after about 15 minutes if you start it with the key off.
+1