Diesel Forum Forum for Diesel engine vehicle related discussion

Issues w/ 2009 ML320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GL350
Issues w/ 2009 ML320

Thought I would post all the issues I have had with my 2009 ML320.

1. Issue with the coolant level warning. There was a TSB for this and fixed.

2. Multiple check engine indicators. 3 times it was related to the DEF tank and senor in the tank. Other on the forum have reported similar issues.

3. Check Engine - Temperature sensor on the turbo not working correctly. Replaced.

4. Issue with a sensor dealing with the diesel particulate filter. It put the car in limp mode while on vacation and the car was at a different dealer for a week. Issue getting the part and wiring harness.

5. Seal on the turbo leaking oil onto the fuel filter and the fuel filter connections leaking. Dealer replaced the filter and water separator and seal at the turbo. In addition, while the car was in the shop, they could not start it the next morning. There was an issue with the power lift gate draining the battery. Dealer said it was a known issue, they also replaced the battery.

I do have to say that I have a great dealer. Every issue is covered under the warranty and they also provide a loaner.

I am just concerned about reliability once the warranty is over. I have 40K on the car and the warranty is up Sept 1 of this year. Trying to decide what the best coarse of action is going forward. Trade the car in for something new or something else (non MB), buy an extended warranty, or just roll the dice.

Members thoughts appreciated.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,056 Likes on 977 Posts
1999 E300TD
All of the choices you listed are not easy ones to make and know doubt very personal depending on income bracket.