Sponsored by:

AdBlue reset fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes Sprinter
AdBlue reset fault

I drive a 2014 Sprinter 3 Liter turbo under a 24' Winnebago ERA. My Check Engine light recently came on, and after stopping for the night, the AdBlue light also came on. The engine had about 16,500 miles on it, and was the third time the AdBlue Light turned on. The two previous times, after refilling the AdBlue tank it reset itself. This time, after putting in 1.25Gal (1/2 bottle which filled it up), AdBlue did not reset, and the Check Engine light remained on also. When we got to my local dealer, they found both NOX sensors were out of factory range and were replaced under warranty. Then, the AdBlue system had to be drained, refilled and the AdBlue Fill Level was reset and they drove it for an hour to be sure everything was OK. All this cost me $172. I'm wondering if anyone's had a similar experience, and also if the NOX sensor failures could cause the AdBlue fill level to malfunction?

Last edited by pwdawson; 11-20-2014 at 12:46 PM. Reason: just to add that I filled it up to overflowing (again)