Sponsored by:

Software to control DPF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 03:44 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
E250 Diesel
Software to control DPF?

Is there such a thing to control DPF for a possible retrofit? I know the Volkswagen engineers had a "defeat" device essentially controlling the process. It's strictly an academic excersize given that EPA mandates that we can't mess with our emissions systems. But I do wonder if there is such a thing. it's tempting because the TDI engines from Volkswagen and Audi had impossibly good mpg and hp for the same displacement. Now we know how they did that.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Yes, the web is full of huxters selling DPF control products. Simply get off the couch and do a search!
Old 01-25-2018, 05:25 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
E250 Diesel
I see lots and lots of "delete" device. That's not, however, what Volkswagen was doing. they did at the ECU level essentially not letting the exhaust system go into a high temp mode even during cold morning starts and letting it stay in lean (air to fuel) mixture cycle as long as it can. The stuff on the net is all just rudimentary delete devise. None of them actually interface with the ECU.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
There is Belorussian seller on ebay that sells all kind of chips and software for our cars and yes, he does sell Bluetec RESET OBD plug.
Don't know if that is what you are looking for, but so far I did not hear about anybody succeeding in AddBlue deletion.
My 250 BT keeps coming with DPF errors, yet passed Nevada smog having 3% of allowable emissions.