Will this devalue my car ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many
Will this devalue my car ?

Hi all
let me start by saying I tried to go to the mbz forum I used to use but could not log in and the the varification re send password thingamejig wasn't working.

ok I need some advice before I go the wrong direction.
the time has come to sell my n/a w123 wagon it's a weekend car but I have too many plus some Serious ongoing projects. it's really clean and straight and has extensive history and I think is a euro version but ....I have a dilemma !

its currently an auto trans with a hard starting original engine ( long story) the short version is I have a spare good n/a wagon motor AND manual trans
I was about to just swap in the new motor and leave the auto as is ( its fine) although I also have an auto turbo spec trans spare I could fit??

then sell the wagon with the original engine included for the new owner should they decide to Go through it

but ....
1. Will
a non original motor fitted lower the value?

2. Will it Change The value up/down if I convert and fit the manual trans? I don't need extra work but personally I like manuals but im not keeping it so...

3. While on the subject would installing a turbo version motor change the value if I had decided to do that.

i just decided to let this one go and
i will not be Persuing trying to get the original engine starting better so PLEASE don't respond trying to help about the original engines possible issues as im over it. That motor even appears to have lots of new parts but the car will either be sold as is or with the better Engine installed so it's a turnkey car for the new owner

THANKYOU IN ADVANCE

Last edited by Smogmonster; 04-14-2018 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Info
Old 04-15-2018, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,394 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
We need more info?
In US replacing engine in average W123 exceeds car value.
When manual adds value for some customers, the turbo engine does make the car move.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many
I allready have the engine it's either Fit it to sell the car or sell the engine
same gos for the manual trans
the cost is just my time and not in question here