Sponsored by:

OM 642 Injector w broken leak oil line

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 09:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 E350 Bluetec
OM 642 Injector w broken leak oil line

My 2013 E350 Bluetec has developed a oil cooler leak. I started stripping her down this weekend. It has been real slow but going relatively smoothly until I was getting ready to remove the Left fuel rail. I was following the WIS instructions and removing the fuel pipe connections when I snapped one of the injector leak oil line nozzles with the crow foot. I barely touched the fitting and it broke. Very Upsetting.

Is my only option to replace the injector? It looks like it is $325 for an injector online.

There is not a lot of room to tighten the connector. Is there a special crow's foot that people are using? I think it was a 17mm. The others came off without any trouble but I am worried about the re-installation.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-31-2021, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 C320 CDI
Originally Posted by ChrisDavis
My 2013 E350 Bluetec has developed a oil cooler leak. I started stripping her down this weekend. It has been real slow but going relatively smoothly until I was getting ready to remove the Left fuel rail. I was following the WIS instructions and removing the fuel pipe connections when I snapped one of the injector leak oil line nozzles with the crow foot. I barely touched the fitting and it broke. Very Upsetting.

Is my only option to replace the injector? It looks like it is $325 for an injector online.

There is not a lot of room to tighten the connector. Is there a special crow's foot that people are using? I think it was a 17mm. The others came off without any trouble but I am worried about the re-installation.

Thanks,
Chris
Hey Chris. Im sorry to see that nobody replied to your question. I was just wondering what did you at the end because i may be in a similar situation. Thanks
Old 02-01-2021, 09:21 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
W211 E320 Diesel OM642
You need to replace that injector. There are many options as far as replacement. Ebay for used or mbonlineparts.com, rockauto.com for reman.

Here's what I'm using to get the fuel lines off. It was $13 on ebay.

Last edited by GoodByeHonda; 02-01-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 E350 Bluetec
I had to buy a rebuilt injector. Everything else went ok and the car is running good. I bought the proper tool and have not had any issues since then. Lesson Learned - Use the proper tool.

It was an expensive lesson.
The following users liked this post:
peter2772000 (02-02-2021)