Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > Diesel Forum
OM 642 Injector w broken leak oil line >

OM 642 Injector w broken leak oil line

Notices
Diesel Forum Forum for Diesel engine vehicle related discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 05-12-2019, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E350 Bluetec

My 2013 E350 Bluetec has developed a oil cooler leak. I started stripping her down this weekend. It has been real slow but going relatively smoothly until I was getting ready to remove the Left fuel rail. I was following the WIS instructions and removing the fuel pipe connections when I snapped one of the injector leak oil line nozzles with the crow foot. I barely touched the fitting and it broke. Very Upsetting.

Is my only option to replace the injector? It looks like it is $325 for an injector online.

There is not a lot of room to tighten the connector. Is there a special crow's foot that people are using? I think it was a 17mm. The others came off without any trouble but I am worried about the re-installation.

Thanks,
Chris