Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 06:26 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2012 GL350, 2014 GLK250
Originally Posted by Marius Daniel
Misha, any news?
Hey Marius!

My apologies. I thought I updated everywhere - i was posting on FB group and a youtube video as well. I guess I forgot about here.
The new injector did not seem to make the noise go away. I think I may be overthinking it. I only really hear the noise when the hood is open. I have forgot about it altogether since. Maybe like you said, warm weather?
Couple things i noted in the other places:
1. The old injector had quite a bit of buildup on the tip. This is after only 3 months ish. i cleaned them all up before I put them in when I was rebuilding the heads. The guys in fb OM642 group said it is normal. I have no experience to say otherwise, but my gut says that is not entirely true. When I had them all out in December only a couple had this much buildup, this one was one of them. Further, i can see the injector holes on it, and I can see that at least a couple are caked over with buildup. I would hope that they get punched through with pressure, but idk.
2. After install, nothing seemed to change. had a bit of floating RPM once in a while. But i think it is running very smooth now. Maybe it needed time. Maybe warmth. I took a long 2k trip, maybe that let the new injector get calibrated.

I do plan on replacing all the injectors one at a time as I have get a bit of spare cash. Next time I go in to replace one, I will check the new one I installed to see if it has similar buildup to the old one. Hopefully remember to report back then =)
The following users liked this post:
Marius Daniel (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 05:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w204 C250CDI
If you notice buildup on the injectors nozzles, would be a good idea to replace the PCV valve to minimise the amount of the oil vapours in the admission. Does your engine consume oil?
Old 05-20-2021, 12:15 AM

2012 GL350, 2014 GLK250
Originally Posted by Marius Daniel
If you notice buildup on the injectors nozzles, would be a good idea to replace the PCV valve to minimise the amount of the oil vapours in the admission. Does your engine consume oil?
it does a bit. I have replaced the pcv. Down the road i will add a catch as well. I thought the build up is from diesel though. If it was oil i would expect to see it either on all or at least more on the driver side. I had this type of build up on the two middle cylinders 2 and 5.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w204 C250CDI
A quick update.

25k km later, NO noise/knock at all during the summer (hot/warm weather):

I suspect that the fault may be a component part of the injection system, but not necessarily the injectors themselves.

Or probably the ECU's software - which probably has another written map for engine operation in winter mode (when it's cold outside).

Let's see again over this winter.......
Old 09-13-2021, 06:45 PM

2012 GL350, 2014 GLK250
Good to hear that you do not have any noise. I checked the new injector, it does have some buildup on it. So the buildup is probably not because of the injector. I have read on Russian forum that only after replacing all the injectors their noises went away, and that STAR specified tolerances are waay too generous. But I am not about to go down that road yet.

I recently found an oil leak at my vacuum pump. In replacing the gasket, I found that the portion that connects to the camshaft is a little worn. I have no idea how the pump works, and want to figure this out. Perhaps the vacuum pump is what I am hearing,
The following users liked this post:
Marius Daniel (09-20-2021)
Old 07-08-2023, 10:35 AM
zer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vito sport x om642
Thumbs up noise on my om642

hi all, just google about the noise around the high-pressure fuel pump on my om642, and I can confirm I had exactly the same noise, but my problem was from the diesel quality/mixture used, I used REDEX diesel fuel system cleaner and i had a similar rattle noise can't find it, after diesel finished from tank I put new diesel in it, ques what, the noise disappeared!? so this noise can be from a bad quality fuel as well