Sponsored by:

E320 CDI 2003

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 CDI
Question E320 CDI 2003

I have a stalling issue and likely associated with a prolonged initial crank. I can recreate the problem when my engine has sat overnight. I drive onto the highway and after reaching peak speed let my foot off the gas and usually that will cause the spontaneous stalling. I will say it doesn't stall at this speed. The engine is still running, rather I have no power and as I roll to a stop it’s only then that my engine stops and the dash panel lights up. I put the car in park turn off the car, and then immediately restart it. It always starts immediately, without a hitch, like it should.

Within the last week I’ve been having another issue that’s probably related. When I start the car in the morning it’s been taking longer and longer for the car to start as it crank for about 10 seconds. It always starts so far with this initial crank. If I shut it off and try again, it turn on immediately with no prolonged crank.

There is a small fuel leak visible on the ground in the morning.

It’s a very consistent problem. Background though is important so I’ll tell you what the mechanic has done the last two times I brought it to the shop. The first time I brought it to the shop I had water in my gas tank (not sure how). He replaced the fuel pump (M# VM0211 470 58 94), tank seal, pump lock ring and tank sender assembly, fuel filter and fuel injector common rail and all six injectors. That was in October. The car ran fine until about two weeks ago when I experienced the power loss problem.

Any advise would be welcome, thanks. Eric

Old 05-06-2020, 03:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,050 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
With all that unnecessary work, I would run back to the gent that hosed you without providing you with a printout of all the faults before suggesting any work!!
Old 05-06-2020, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 CDI
Codes

The codes read at original work were 2333-004 and 2134-004.
Originally Posted by Plutoe
With all that unnecessary work, I would run back to the gent that hosed you without providing you with a printout of all the faults before suggesting any work!!