Diesel Forum Forum for Diesel engine vehicle related discussion

Permanent p2463 code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2020 | 07:20 PM

2011 GL350
Permanent p2463 code

Good day

I been posting in x164 forum but I am battling p2463 code that won't go away. Here is what I have done so ..
1. New Oem dpf diff sensor
2. removed dpf had it baked
3. Replaced fuel filter
4. New Air filters
5. New Air intake tube
6. Still had issues so I removed dpf used liquid.moly cleaner purge and power washer on it.

Checked my nox sensors both give values. 50-200 cruising 400-600 under load. Exhaust pressure is upto .30 psi.

dpf diff pressure is upto 4.psi under load.

Have reset code with icarsoft.mb ii and still nothing.. any help is appreciated.
Old 10-02-2020 | 03:05 PM

2011 GL350
So I wanted to follow up on this problem. .I know a lot Diesel guys have been going down this road or are worried about. So I will provide as much information as I can.

1. You can get a new DPF from W&L inc for around $1350 bucks.. that's a huge saving from the dealership or most other places.. https://wl-parts.com/
2. Most truck places who deal with big rigs can bake but not necessarily properly blow out the DPF for around $200 bucks.
3. You can use Liquid Moly Pro-Line diesel cleaner + Diesel Purge first before you remove it and try to do it yourself.
4. Even if you have a clean DPF you may still have an error code.
5. You need Xentry or similar tool to reset the adaptions and etc.

So I had the terrible 13AF00 code as mentioned before. I have become an expert at removing the DPF as I removed 2-3 times. The first time I had service by truck place who baked it for 12hours then blew it out with shop air. I still had the code couldn't reset it so I took it off again. And this time used liquid moly cleaner soaked it for 30 minutes pressure washed it, and then purge cleaned it and pressure washed it again. Let it see for 14 hours blew it and installed it again. Well, stupid code would not go away. I realized now that Liquid Moly cleaner is not an OFF the car cleaner Wynn makes one I should have used that one. So got more liquid moly and did it again this time following instructions, yes I read the instructions and made my own spray out of HVAC pressurized can and a 1/4 Copper tubing. And proceeded to properly do it on the car, like the youtube video shows, and then tried to force a regen with iCarsoft MBII (which failed btw) it didn't do it. And drove it around and etc tried resetting codes. Yes that's right the code didn't go away, but the truck was driving so well. something just didn't seem right. So I was finally able to get a hold of Xentry and OpenPort2.0 and was able to reset adaptions and properly clear my codes. This was my final solution to get 13AF00 to go away I have driven for over 20 mins. I need to pull data from it again as it has 22842 km from the last full regen cycle. So yes I had this problem for a while and I just let it get worst.

Before you get to worried I recommend taking to an indy and have them do on car cleaning DPF and DPF adaptions this may the cheapest fastest fix.

If anyone is in Ga or has similar issues, I am willing to help. Next, I am working on my engine leaks that are not the oil cooler gasket, its engine oil tree filter, and Powersteerig rack o-rings. I will replace those 2 gaskets plus all belts/pulleys and tensioner this weekend. And even after all that I may have a Transmission issue I need to deal with seems after AAMCO (yes I know I should have done it myself) replaced my tranny fluid I get a new code about high friction lockup. I am thinking the solenoid or the TQ converter may be bad.

The following users liked this post:
klxman95 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-06-2021 | 02:19 PM
mbp

mb
I'm having issue with dpf differential sensor code. CEL came on with a code P2453. You mentioned about reset adaptations, what's it exactly? How do I perform it?

Old 10-21-2021 | 05:09 PM

Mercedes e clasd cabriolet
Mercedes e class

Hi I’m having problems with my car it comes up with code p2463 I have changed both sensors and and still no good , if I turn the car off then start it up put it in drive and flaw it , it will go like normal up to gear 3 then there is no power, I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong I’ve even reset the error codes - thanks if anyone can help ?
Old 10-21-2021 | 05:25 PM

Mercedes e class

Hi I’m having problems with my car it comes up with code p2463 I have changed both sensors and and still no good , if I turn the car off then start it up put it in drive and flaw it , it will go like normal up to gear 3 then there is no power, I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong I’ve even reset the error codes - thanks if anyone can help ?
Old 10-21-2021 | 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'17 GLS450, '14 GLK250, Grandpa's Roadster
What makes you think it's the sensor? If the fuel gauge kept reading empty would you change the sender? Sounds like your DPF is shot. If you're in the US, it should be covered under warranty.
Old 10-23-2021 | 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by John CC
What makes you think it's the sensor? If the fuel gauge kept reading empty would you change the sender? Sounds like your DPF is shot. If you're in the US, it should be covered under warranty.
thanks , well I’ve already changed the parts now so it obviously can’t be that . I agree with what your saying but it’s funny because I had left the car over night got back in it deleted the error codes pulled away and the car had full power until it got to nearly 50mph then it seems to go back to sluggish acceleration but now the error codes are not coming back nor the engine light . I’ve been driving down motorways to try to let it sort it self out ….. does anyone know any ideas what is going on ,
I can’t understand if the dpf was blocked surly the car wouldn’t not have any errors plus every time I turn it back on it drives perfect to start with ?
No smoke no struggling literally just keeps jumping in limp could it take a while to sort it’s self out ? Why’s the engine light not coming on anymore? I’m in the uk
thanks guys any info would be appreciated
Old 10-23-2021 | 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'17 GLS450, '14 GLK250, Grandpa's Roadster
The DPF collects soot particles. Periodically, it has to "regenerate" which means extra fuel is introduced to heat the filter to the point where the carbon trapped is oxidized into CO2.* The regen process takes time and so you need to run it on the highway once in a while, otherwise the DPF will never empty out. It could be that yours is near full, and you never give it enough time to regenerate completely.

Some scanners will tell you how full it is, and when the regen cycles run. It may benefit you to get one so you have some visibility into what is happening.

*Can some Greenie tell me how it makes sense to take inert carbon, burn extra Diesel fuel, and expel CO2? Wouldn't it make more sense to empty the contents of the filter somewhere and use it to make pencil lead, or something useful? C'est la vie...
Old 10-24-2021 | 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Your DPF is clogged. You can try performing a manual regen cycle if you have Xentry, or get it serviced.