Diesel Forum Forum for Diesel engine vehicle related discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS Light - R12/1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sprinter 2500 4x4, GL350 BT (mechanically totaled), C63 AMG (sold)
SRS Light - R12/1

Hi All, I cannot find my specific issue so am posting hoping someone who has access to the right files/photos can help me out.

I have a 2016 Sprinter Van 2500, 3.0, 4x4. I bought it recently and have only worked on fixing and cleaning it up before I start really driving it extensively.

I have SRS light on my dashboard and the code is B1240 - "R12/1 (Driver ETR ignition squib), Resistance TOO HIGH".

I thought from reading through the forum that this component was the connection in the steering wheel airbag. I pulled that today hoping to find a loose connection but that wasn't the case.

I am thinking that R12/1 in a 2016 Sprinter van may be the impact sensor that triggers the airbag?

Can anyone tell me what R12/1 is in my vehicle and where it is so i can check the wiring? I assume resistance too high means a loose wire or connection. My scanner reads and clears SRS but as soon as I clear it, the light comes back on so I believe it's a real fault that needs to be found and fixed.

TIA.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sprinter 2500 4x4, GL350 BT (mechanically totaled), C63 AMG (sold)
Update - I am pretty sure R12/1 is the squib for the seatbelt pre-tensioner that locks in event of an accident. I checked that connection and it's good and tight. Wires are not damaged and the seatbelt is NOT locked.

Anyone have input on what could be the issue here?

If an accident occurred and the tensioner locked, there would be a code BUT the seatbelt isn't locked. The carfax showed an accident with minor damage, no indication of airbags either way.

Hoping someone with more info than me can help.