Sponsored by:

Om642 “DPF-back” exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 06:53 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
2008 E320 Bluetec, 1987 190e 2.6
Om642 “DPF-back” exhaust

Can anyone provide info on whether or not it is worth it to mod the exhaust of a om642? I have a 265k mile E320 V6.

I have had my dpf cleaned and later replaced B60 exhaust backpressure and b28/8 dpf diff. Pressure sensors. I’m still getting high backpressure “downstream of diesel particulate filter” code. I will do a manual regen tomorrow and reset adaptations. The hoses on the dpf sensor are clear but the first mufflers port was a little coked up.

At this point I am thinking I may have clogged mufflers, im not sure if they can be cleaned similar to the dpf and may consider straight piping or something custom.

What exhaust mods or guidance do you guys have in this situation? I can post scan tool values if needed.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:22 PM

Received 282 Likes on 198 Posts
2014 Cummins, 2014 E250 Bluetec
No MB expert but experienced in other diesels so 2c worth. If the muffler is filling then going straight pipe will definetely help free up flow. Granted usually DPF doesnt allow any soot really downstream so the one you replaced was probably cracked and thus caused the muffler to get sooted up. Not sure how free flowing the mufflers are on those.

If it was me I would straight pipe after the DPF, honestly surprised they have a muffler as the DPF or CAT/DPF usually makes it silent anyways.
The following users liked this post:
BetterDaze (07-02-2022)