Sponsored by:

MAF Fault??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Sprinter
MAF Fault??

I'm in my RV on the start of a 3-week trip. On Day 1 problems begin, took Sprinter to MB dealership in Columbus, GA. Here's the Tech's Report:"Check Engine light on, caused by MAF sensor CEL fault (P150100). Tech inspected and scanned via SDS, CEL for MAF, stated “Malfunction”. No issues with fuses, voltage between leg 1 & 2 good. Swapped with other known good part, failure persists. Tested continuity from CDI engine harness section to MAF connector, NO continuity. Break in the line suspected at the z-slice in front of turbo."

Tech says vehicle will run, how long? Who knows?

Since he could not fix it, I'm back on the road. Any advice on repairs or how long it may run with this fault?
Old 09-08-2022, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,744 Likes on 1,391 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Did you reset the code?
MAF code will not go away right after part replacement.
On older MB I replaced MAF and cycling the ignition 7 times get rid of CEL, but code was stored till scanner-forced reset.
Computers do have default programs when MAF fails drastically. It will insert set value for malfunctioning sensor. I had such thing on VW and I could drive the car with about 80% of normal power. Probably burn much more fuel, but could wait few days for new MAF.
Georgia is not good state for repairing MB. Depend which way you travel, you should have much better mechanics in Chicago, or Texas.
There is also highly recommended indy in Colorado. Google Lindenengineering.
I had my Sprinter fuel pump failure in Flagstaff, AZ and local dealer turned the repair into 16 days horror.

Last edited by kajtek1; 09-08-2022 at 12:24 PM.