P0088 that authorized dealer can't solve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E220 CDI W212
P0088 that authorized dealer can't solve

Hello!

Vehicle: 2011 Mercedes-Benz E220 with OM651 engine. 300 000 kilometers. Car runs great. No issues at all except EML!

I've had problems since christmas day. Strong diesel smell. When troubleshooting I noticed something wierd between cylinder 2 and 3 on the leak off line (see photo 1). Diesel came out of that whole!
When fiddeling with leak off line in -20C one plastic T-coupler broke. Ordered new after market leak off line. Fitment seemed fine until I did a kickdown. Leak off line came loose!(see photo 2)
Air in fuel system and injector 3 got "airlocked". Towed the car to a authorized dealer in my area. Dealer replaced all 4 injectors to Delphi original and original leak off line. NOTE! This leak off line did not have that extra part between cylinder 2 and 3!
After this job, dealer says car has fault code. P0252. Bad quality control valve (Y94). Replaced Y94 with original part. Dealer does test with xentry and everything checks out except pressure control valve (Y74). The valve does not pass leak test.
I bought a new after market Y74 and changed it myself. Cleaned whole common rail with ultra sonic cleaner aswell. P0088 still does not go away! I take the car to the dealer once again for inspection. They test it with xentry again and still same result. Y74 is leaking according to Mercedes dealer.

As of now, I have 2 fault codes. P0088 (fuel rail/system pressure - too high bank 1) and P025285(Injection pump fuel metering over normal limit). Dealer say they can't help me anymore. They do not now what to do!
I also want to note that the high pressure pump was changed in May last year according to the former owner.

Does anyone here have any tips, or anything!

I would greatly appreciate any help recived.

Photo 1

Photo2

Last edited by lappinator; 05-09-2024 at 12:05 PM.