Sponsored by:

1976 407D Doka

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240
1976 407D Doka

I've had this peach for about 5 years. It had a fuel leak from the tank outlet fitting when I bought it, due to a missing copper washer on the banjo fitting. Sorted that, got it going, got bored and left it sit. Next time I tried to start it, I had to prime the injection pump to get it going, and it ran for a total of less than 10 minutes. I'm assuming that's how long it took to exhaust the supply in the small reservoir between the priming and injection pumps.

As these were not imported, it's probably among a literal handful in the US. Not being a "classic" in any normal sense, there are no aftermarket outlets here either. It's supposedly fitted with about the same 2.4L non-turbocharged engine you'd get in a 1976 240D, so I'll never need to worry about a speeding ticket. (we're good for maybe 50mph flat to the floor in 4th) No clue where to find even the skinny 20" Continentals it's wearing, that are probably 25 years old. Has anyone seen a European collector group that may have leads on parts? Living in Arizona, I can actually put tags on it and drive around town. More than that would require swapping the engine or at least hanging on a turbo and revised injection pump.
Old Today, 02:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,045 Likes on 968 Posts
1999 E300TD
there are loads of european forums that would love to know you have one------go for it