E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Voice commands

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 GLC300
Question Voice commands

I have been frustrated because I have not been able to set up/use the voice command with any sort of reliable consistency. I used the option to train the system with my voice; however, I have experienced sporatic success at best.

A friend of mine also owns the coupe and he complains that he also has not gotten any consistency using the voice commands. However, his wife purchased the 2010 sedan version, and according to my friend, she gets amazing results using voice command in the sedan and has no such issues.

I would have to believe that the systems are the same in both the sedan and the coupe. So, what the heck are we doing wrong.

Would love to hear from other coupe owners (sedan owners can chime in as well) as to their success or failures using the voice command.

Thank you.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E 550 Coupe
i havent been able to play with the voice commands yet on the coupe, however my wife has the lexus RX 350 with voice commands and strangely when i use her car i have trouble with it but she never has any issues, it may be a gender issue with the voice recognition software
Old 02-12-2010, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63, Iridium Silver, Black, Dark Ash, Distronic Plus, Night Vision, Premium
Originally Posted by bobcpa
I have been frustrated because I have not been able to set up/use the voice command with any sort of reliable consistency. .
I have had my E550C for 5 months and my Linguatronic (voice commands) does
not work and I have stopped using it. It worked on my CL550 and CLS 500
before that. The Dealer says that the "product behaves as designed" and that
this a "product charcteristic" (get used to hearing those two excuses).

So either give the car back under lemon clause or love it for the other reasons you bought it for...
Expect future problems with Keyless GO, Parktronic sensors, Navigation maps, seatbelt sensing modules....

Old 02-14-2010, 07:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E550 Coupe
I really haven't had any issues with mine. I used it to switch between audio inputs and to put in navigation commands, and it gets it right first try about 90% of the time. I had a Lexus previous to this car and the module behaved siimilarly. I had to learn what the voice commands were for the E Coupe, but after figuring those out, I haven't had any problems. I'm male with a pretty neutral accent. Now about those keyless go problems. . .