E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

E Coupe production delays

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E 550 Coupe
Originally Posted by tharvey57
Wow this is a big difference between 65-75 days
yeah all in all, i ordered the car on january 27th so it took a little over two months. Back in 2004 i ordered an SLK and got it in about 6 weeks so a good estimate , at least for northeastern US, is anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks on average, and that coincides with what the dealers have always told me.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:17 PM

CLK Cab
Originally Posted by ecb5983
yeah all in all, i ordered the car on january 27th so it took a little over two months. Back in 2004 i ordered an SLK and got it in about 6 weeks so a good estimate , at least for northeastern US, is anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks on average, and that coincides with what the dealers have always told me.
That is exactly what I posted 6-8 weeks for East Coast US, 7-9 weeks for West Coast. I said my dealer told me car show up as fast 55 days but normally takes 65 days or so. and 8 weeks = 56 days.

So not sure why it takes longer for cars to come to US than Canada, and by weeks, not days as person in Canada claims 2-3 weeks from date car was produced to delivery at his dealership according to his dealer.

If a car takes about 60 days to get to eastern US between production, shipping, unloading the car, prepping the car and that does not include a 3 week train ride, then not sure how BC is able to cut 4-5 weeks out of that time.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:30 PM

CLK Cab
Originally Posted by tharvey57
Wow this is a big difference between 65-75 days
I said as fast as 55 days but normally between 65-75 days between the time the car goes into production and arrives at your local dealership.

No where did I say it took 65-75 days on the water. Also you have no idea if when his car went into production either. For all you know his car could have been a 2/3 decade car and it sat in the docks for 10 days and his car could have been the first car loaded on the boat, so when it arrives at his VPC it could take them 3-4 days to unload his car too, and another 10-14 days to be processed by the VPC too. Assuming his car was a 2/3 decade car, it had to be ordered by 1/3 decade as 2 decades before the car goes into production is when the car no longer becomes customizable either.

Assuming from 2/3 Decade, that means his car went into production Feb 22 and it arrives on March 28 that is already 5 weeks their alone, and the car still needs to be unloaded, prepped before it leaves the VPC and could take 10-14 days meaning he is now at 6-7 weeks. That would be assuming the car is being delivered to a local dealer from the VPC if his car is going to say RI or NJ that would add an extra time as well.

Again his car does not take 2-3 weeks by train to get to his final destination like the Cars going to BC according to 1 poster.

His delivery time is 100% constant with what my dealer said, 8-9 weeks to West Coast and 7-8 weeks to east coast. He said depending on timing, boats departures, where my car is loaded in the boat, how long my car sits before processing etc, he seen cars arrives as fast as 55 days to his dealership which means 48 days on the east coast. 100% constant with everything the above person said.

On the other hand the person in Canada dealer is telling him that from the date the car goes into production his car will arrive at his local dealership with in 2-4 weeks which is impossible.

Last edited by mcdohl; 03-20-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 AM

2010 E 550 Coupe
Well, finally picked up the car on friday, had it for about 4 hours and is already in the shop, thats a new record for me. Noticed the A/C was not working then the temp message came on sure enough the fan is no good. But anyways here are a few pics

Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 AM

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 C63BS 2009 Ferrari 16M 2016 Cayenne turbo S 2019 G63
Smile

My 2010 C63 is said to be onvessel and due to arrive at US port on 4/25.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:12 PM

2010 E 550 Coupe
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
My 2010 C63 is said to be onvessel and due to arrive at US port on 4/25.
Nice! its about 6-7 days to get it from there, youll probably have it by the 3rd or 4th enjoy!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:51 PM

2010 e350 coupe
Originally Posted by mcdohl
Wow your car must be coming on a super fast boat unless it is being built on April 1st, and being delivery on May 30.

Water time from Germany to Los Angeles is 28 days and MB has a boat leaving every Friday from Germany to Los Angeles as Los Angeles is the main port for MB USA for Western United States Region which included 13 states and the reason MB sends more ships to Los Angeles over other 2 delivery pots in the US is because 50% of all MB cars are sold in Western Region because of CA dealers who alone sell just over 25% of all MB in US.Texas and FL boats leave every other week only which supply other 35 states but also take 5-6 days less to arrive to their ports because the travel distance is shorter.

I assume MB more than likely has 1 boat every 2 weeks leaving for B.C. Canada as I am sure they do not sell more than cars in Western Canada over central or eastern US regions and travel time difference between Los Angeles and B.C. I am sure is 3/4 days longer too.

So best case would mean if your car goes into production on April 1st normally takes 6 days from the start of production till your car is completed, then 1 day to get the port in germany assuming a boat was leaving was for BC the next day add 1 more day plus another 31-32 days at sea means under the best case it would take 40 days from time the car goes into production till the car arrives at BC port. Normally it takes MB 1-4 days to get your car to the docks and up to 14 days till it gets loaded on a boat so even with a April 1st production date getting the car delivered to you in Canada before the end of May is going to be pushing it and more than likely you will not see that car till some time in June.

I have a Cab I order back in Feb when the order bank opened up, I have a March 23 production date, I live in Los Angeles, and MB USA is estimating an arrival in Los Angeles Port of end of April which is 5-6 weeks from the day my goes into production. And MB USA is claiming my car might not clear customs and VPC in time to arrive at my local dealer by May 10 which is the official sales date in the USA as MB USA claims that cars which were built for the launch were built end of Feb and beginning of March. MB USA thinks all the custom build cars built towards the end of March beginning of April wont be released to the dealers till the end of May beginning of June. My dealer claims that MB USA likes to be very conservative on their "estimated delivery date" the computer shows and MB USA gives priority to pre-sold cars over none sold cars as far as getting on earlier Boats and at the VPC. So he thinks my car will arrive closer to the 5 week mark over 6 week mark but that means the car will arrive at the port around May 1st but the fastest he has ever seen a car clear customs and the VPC is 6 days and arrived at the dealer on the 7th date and if you are unlucky and your car is under 2k other cars and the last car to be unloaded then it could take as long as 21 days to clear both customs and VPC before arriving at your dealership. Normally he says it takes about 14-21 days to clear customs and VPC before arriving at the dealership. The port is less than 20 miles from my dealership so it arrives at the local dealer same day it leaves the VPC.

Delivery Update

As stated my car was built between the 10-20th of April, then placed on boat to Canada. It arrived in Canada and was on train on 7th of May I will have it by 24th at the latest, and the dealer as promised is supplying me with a loaner on the 17th.

As information supplied by the dealer for an April build and a May delivery is in fact correct with no questions what so ever. I was advised when I paid for vehicle on feb-2 that it would be build in april and I will get delivery in May. May 24th or less is in fact may delivery no super fast boat 11-12 days normal sailing time and 12 day train travel with 1-2 days for customs and prep.

Sometimes people should restrain from commenting and making outrageous comments.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:58 AM

2010 e350 coupe
Delivery Confirmed

I went by the dealer last night and vehicle was prepped detailed and filled with gas for me to pick up today at 11am.

Originally I was informed that I would get an opening in March with an April build and May delivery.

Actual time line was/is

Vehicle down payment paid for on Feb 2nd
Obtained allotment slot on March 2nd for build April 10-20th.
Vehicle started build on April 11th
Vehicle finished on April 15
Vehicle transported to dock for vessel on April 16th
Vehicle arrived and cleared customs around May 5th
On train May 7th from Halifax to Vancouver
Arrived Annacis Island on May 20th
Flatdeck transport from Annacis island on May 21st
Serviced Detailed and full tank of Gas on May 22nd
I'll take deliver the minute they open on May 23rd.

So my salesman Stephan at Richmond correctly advised me down to day of manufacturing, shipping and delivery.

time to manufacture was 5- days.
time on vessel including waiting, loading, and off loading, and customs in Canada was 19 days.
time on train was 13 days including loading and unloading.YYZ-E55 was correct on vehicles to Canada delivered to Halifax only
time at annacis port was 1 day including car loaded on flat-deck for delivery to Richmond.
PDI, detailing and other 1-2 days at richmond
and finally

time to get vehicle after they open at 11am today
estimated 1 minute or less

and they say only mastercard is priceless

Tim
Old 05-23-2010, 07:36 PM

2010 E 550 Coupe
E350,

Awesome! Enjoy the car, it's a blast to drive