E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2010 E350 Coupe weird navagation/satellite radio problem yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 GLC300
Question 2010 E350 Coupe weird navagation/satellite radio problem yesterday

I live in Los Angeles and work in Encino. I had gone out to lunch and was back at my office around 2pm yesterday afternoon, June 24. Everything was normal.

I left the office around 5:30pm. As I left the office, I normally check the traffic to see what route to take to the westside of Los Angeles. I noticed right away that the 405, which I normally take, was not on the screen. And, I noticed that most of the freeways that I would see on the navigation traffic update were not on the screen.

I then tried to change the channel on the satellite radio, and there was no response.

I thought that it might be my contoller, so I changed the band to AM and FM. Much to my delight, the controller worked. I was able to change the channels. As a result, I have eliminated one possibility and that the controller might have gone bad.

I came to the conclusion that either my antenna/satellite hardware was going bad, or there was something wrong with the satellite that beams the signal for the satellite radio and the navigation system.

I drove to the gym, and after working out, I left the gym around 7:15p. And guess what.....everything was normal again. Everything worked just as it had in the past.

So the question is this....I have never had satellite radio nor have I ever had a navigation system before I purchased this car. Has anyone ever experienced something like this before? Or, is the hardware in my car starting to go on the blink.

Thanks so much and I look forward to responses.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E550 Coupe
My navigation system had problems with getting "lost"--it displayed roads that were 20-30 miles away and the traffic was all screwy. It was very intermittent but annoying when it happened. After a visit to the dealer, the problem never happened again. Turns out my antenna was bad and causing the problem. Have them check that for you.