E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Injector Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB E250 Coupe CDI
Injector Recall

Whilst it has been reported in other forums, I have not seen the injector problem listed under the E Coupe thread.

My E Coupe 250 CDI was built end November 2009 and delivered end January 2010. By this time MB had experienced many problems with the injectors in these engines (OM651) and I thought I was lucky to get the car after all the problems were sorted out.
Yesterday (5 months after car purchase) I receive a letter from MB recalling the car for injector problems. Anyone in Australia, know how many problems there are? What is the failure rate?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB E250 Coupe CDI
Originally Posted by Plang1
Whilst it has been reported in other forums, I have not seen the injector problem listed under the E Coupe thread.

My E Coupe 250 CDI was built end November 2009 and delivered end January 2010. By this time MB had experienced many problems with the injectors in these engines (OM651) and I thought I was lucky to get the car after all the problems were sorted out.
Yesterday (5 months after car purchase) I receive a letter from MB recalling the car for injector problems. Anyone in Australia, know how many problems there are? What is the failure rate?
Above was my post in July. My vehicle went in and the injectors were checked. I was told my vehicle was not in the batch of problematic injectors. When the vehicle was returned from the dealer I always felt it did not pull like it used to and had a hesitation when pulling off.
Anyway 3 weeks later the engine light came on and I limped home at 10Kmh. Vehicle was towed to dealer and 3 days later was returned with new injectors. Maybe a coincidence those supposably good injectors failed. (Never got a call or explanation from the dealer)
However, I still seem to think the vehicle takes a few milliseconds from when you put your foot on the accelerator until it moves off the mark. A little slow when trying to jump across a busy intersection.
Is this normal with the diesel? To me the only way to check is drive another 250 CDI (or hear from other 250 CDI drivers)
Once the car gets moving I love the power and torque and would purchase a diesel again.

Last edited by Plang1; 10-27-2010 at 09:29 PM.