E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Issues with 2011 GPS Maps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB 350 E convertible
Issues with 2011 GPS Maps?

Good evening. I am new to this forum. My wife bought a 2011 E 350 Cabriolet with the "Command" Hard Drive GPS. We have right at 1000 miles on it, and the GPS maps are not up to date. It does not have streets in our subdivision that are 5 years old. It is missing a major road intersection that is about 5 miles from our house, so everytime we go South to downtown OKC, it give spurious directions. The only thing we tried to find, my brother-in-laws house in Andover Kansas, did not have correct address for. Took it into dealer, they tell me it has the most up to date maps (Hard Drive system, no DVD's come with car, so only dealer can tell, I guess) that MB has. I said my 2008 Corvette (DVD based) has the current maps, why not MB? They are looking into it, and are supposed to get back to me, but have not yet.
Purpose of this post, anyone else having issues with the Hard Drive based system? I will give them that it loads faster than DVD systems, and you don't have to switch disks. However, if the maps are out of date, not worth much.
Comments or similar problems?

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:34 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
19 E53 AMG Cab, 21 Land Rover Defender 110S, 20 LR Discovery HSE, 23 Ford Bronco 2dr 7spd Manual
Did I see a learn feature in the menu for just this?
Old 08-17-2010, 04:15 PM

MB 350 E convertible
Update: Dealer called today. Said MB had just released an updated set of maps. The early 2011's shipped with 2010 maps. They have ordered the update, and will install when received at no cost.
Can't ask for more than that, now just hope the new maps are Naviset's latest version!

Last edited by cjdaws; 08-17-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: correction.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eclass Cabriolet A207
Originally Posted by cjdaws
Update: Dealer called today. Said MB had just released an updated set of maps. The early 2011's shipped with 2010 maps. They have ordered the update, and will install when received at no cost.
Can't ask for more than that, now just hope the new maps are Naviset's latest version!

hi mate
i live over in London (UK)

can you find out the when your car goes in the s/w version of the latest maps install on your command unit and if you can what has been updated other than maps and if the same update would apply in Europe.

many thanks

alex
Old 08-19-2010, 09:27 PM

MB 350 E convertible
Originally Posted by a13xgh
hi mate
i live over in London (UK)

can you find out the when your car goes in the s/w version of the latest maps install on your command unit and if you can what has been updated other than maps and if the same update would apply in Europe.

many thanks

alex
Assume the maps will be North America only, that is what is on there now. I was told that entire software suite on the 40GB hardrive will be updated.

To help with the dating issue, the vin number is sequence 782 in the 2011 Cabriolet. Don't know if that is North America only, or even if limited to Cabriolets or all E class. Do know the car was purched in June, so it has to be a pretty early model.

If I get a chance to look at software version, I will post, but they are pretty close mouthed about it.