E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2010 E Coupe Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 Coupe
2010 E Coupe Sirius Radio

Have a 2010 E Class coupe with satellite radio active. Since owning the car for about 4 months, the satellite reception is spotty, frequently giving me the "no service" message on the display. I took it into the dealer and after working on it for 2 days, they told me it was an antenna problem, stating that my nav was not working either. The antenna was replaced and the radio has worked without getting the no service message.

However, tonight I got the message again about 6 times in a 10 minute period. I immediately checked to see if nav was working and found it to be tracking perfectly. So the diagnosisi that it was the antenna seems to be bogus.

Anyone else having similar issues?
Z
Old 10-07-2010, 02:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E550 Coupe
It is possible that it is the antenna. Mine has done the same thing several times. I usually notice it because the nav gets lost, but not always. In the back of the headliner are two antenna units. one is the radio, the other the nav. They feed into the fin on the roof. I climbed back there and giggled the wires and everything went back to normal. It seems to go out randomly every few weeks and I then fixes itself when I giggle it. The last dealer visit I got a new antenna--again. it hasn't happened since, but we'll see.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 Coupe
It seems to go out randomly every few weeks and I then fixes itself when I giggle it. The last dealer visit I got a new antenna--again. it hasn't happened since, but we'll see.[/quote]

Back to the dealer I'll go...I'm approaching the end of the freebie service and quite frankly, if I can't get it fixed (and be convinced of it), I won't sign up and pay only to have it be functional periodically.
Z