E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

e-coupe questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350
e-coupe questions

it's been a long time since i've been on. and since then we've added an e-coupe alongside my glk. but i have a few questions regarding the e-coupe that i'm hoping someone can answer:

1. the air distribution of the climate control--we seem to only have the following distribution modes (^ denotes windshield defrost; > denotes front vents; v denotes floor vents):

^, ^v, >, and ^>. we don't have the common v> mode (front vent and floor vent) or the ^v> (distributed to all vents) like i do in my glk or our older c-class. is this right? are all e-coupes like this? i've consulted the manual and it gives no indication as to which positions the distributions can be set.

2. the rear windows have an auto-down function but no auto-up despite the window switches having a 2-stage pull like those found for the front windows which give them the auto-up. is this normal?

3. we have the multi-contour seats but the such seat controls don't light up at night (the switches between the seat and the transmission tunnel). on the e-sedan pictures on the net, these switches light up at night. does it not do the same on the e-coupe?

any help regarding these matters will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:10 PM

2010 e350 coupe
I am in white rock and your assumptions do appear to be correct. I am a little perplexed by limited air and lack of items that do not light up.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB E250 Coupe CDI
I also find it strange you cannot have air in face and air to foot well at the same time. WHY MB?
I do not have contour seats, so cannot comment.
Back windows do not have auto up. I think this is a safety issue.
Note, if all windows are down and you hold recycle air button in, all windows will go up, but you must keep finger on recycle button. Sometimes does not work
Old 11-13-2010, 11:12 PM

E350
Originally Posted by Plang1
I also find it strange you cannot have air in face and air to foot well at the same time. WHY MB?
I do not have contour seats, so cannot comment.
Back windows do not have auto up. I think this is a safety issue.
Note, if all windows are down and you hold recycle air button in, all windows will go up, but you must keep finger on recycle button. Sometimes does not work
The multi-contour seats on the sedan are dynamic meaning that the bolsters and seat cushion adjust automatically depending on how spirited your driving is. They also have a 'pulse' function, which serves to massage the driver. The LEDs on the control console indicate whether or not these functions are enabled.

The coupe has none of this. It's switches merely adjust the bolsters or cushion length in and out and provide lumbar support adjustment. Unlike the sedan the adjustments are static, so once you've found a comfortable setting there it remains. There is no 'on' or 'off' state to indicate. If the sedan controls also light up at night, this is more to do with the placement of the vehicle as sub-S class. The coupe benefits from the halo-effect of being called an 'E' but is essentially a shortened C class with which it has more functions in common.

WINDOWS

Using the recycle button is meant as a temporary solution to prevent fumes, dust etc. entering the car (eg when driving through a road construction). The window (and sunroof) positions are memorised so a subsequent short press on the recycle button should return them to their former position.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Beausoleil
The coupe has none of this. It's switches merely adjust the bolsters or cushion length in and out and provide lumbar support adjustment. Unlike the sedan the adjustments are static, so once you've found a comfortable setting there it remains. There is no 'on' or 'off' state to indicate. If the sedan controls also light up at night, this is more to do with the placement of the vehicle as sub-S class. The coupe benefits from the halo-effect of being called an 'E' but is essentially a shortened C class with which it has more functions in common.
The illumination of the multi-countour seat controls has nothing to do with the car being sub-S or a C-Class. The Drive-Dynamic Multi-Countour seat on the E-Class sedan is electrically operated, whereas the Multi-Countour seats on the E-Coupe and Cabriolet are based on pnuematic air chambers in the seat, so not electrical.

By the way, the E Coupe is actually longer than the C-Class sedan. And the wheelbase is identical.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E550 Coupe
I have a 2010 550 Coupe. On mine, there is a Mode lever adjacent to the passenger temperature control. Toggling it up or down will achieve the front vent and floor vent combo but living in the US, I've never owned a car that let you select distribution to all vents at the same time.