E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Cab e550 "V8 Bi Turbo" Badging?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
My dealer said the badges are currently on backorder: current price is $52.00 each.
I told him to order them!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Runner V8 4WD/Porsche 944 Turbo
Raygt3,

Just curious, is the emblem one piece or 2? The V8 seems slightly separated from the biturbo.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E550 Cab
Actually, each letter is seperate after installation. The individual letters came attached, with adhesive, to a paper backing being one piece, spaced as you see. They are all applied at the same time and after the backing is removed, there ya go. Nice even individual lettering. The average person would never know it didn't come that way. I'm very pleased at how it came out.

As to the V8 and the rest being spaced apart, that is true, and how it appears on all the other applications, CLS AMG etc. Best thing about this is it'srelativly low cost and not perminant
Old 11-13-2011, 11:01 AM

Ok, that's what I thought. Last question - did you install them yourself or have dealer do it? Sounds easy to get it level/even since they all go on at same time. I am guessing "blue efficiency came off easily with no marks.

Thx.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM

2012 E550 Cab
Had the dealer do it as I hadn't taken delivery yet. They did it as a favor although it's not too hard a job. The OE badges came off easily with a little heat and a length of dental floss. There is no sign of old badges having been there. They used the bottom of the car as a reference.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:24 AM

Raygt3,

Thanks much for the info.

Joe
Old 11-14-2011, 10:44 AM

'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
Ray
Good info: I'm sending the information to my dealer.
Thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:08 PM

MB
Originally Posted by 1 MB
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but any input on the new 550? Mine should be here in the next few weeks. I'm anxious to hear how the new twin-turbo feels in the E Class.
Been driving my E550A for almost 2 weeks now and I just LOVE the new engine. Admittedly I came from a C350 so I haven't had experience with the old 550 engine. I took it on a "spirited" drive around the foothills of Los Angeles last weekend and it just loves going up the windy roads around here. Halfway through the drive I switched it into SPORT mode and it was a marked difference. Sport mode changes steering, throttle response and suspension setting (and at least to me it felt like the brakes as well which is possible as it is "brake-by-wire"). All in all it's a fantastic car and I couldn't be happier with it! I'm sure you'll be very happy once you get yours.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:18 PM

'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
Erring
Thanks for the report.
How is the acceleration?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:30 AM

MB
I've only got 500 miles on it so I'm still taking it easy with the engine, no kick-downs or redlining for the first 1000 miles. However even with the limited acceleration I've been doing it feels more than adequate for my needs. I don't doubt the sub 5 sec 0-60 as M-B specifies.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:13 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
2012 E550 Cab
Originally Posted by Erling
I've only got 500 miles on it so I'm still taking it easy with the engine, no kick-downs or redlining for the first 1000 miles. However even with the limited acceleration I've been doing it feels more than adequate for my needs. I don't doubt the sub 5 sec 0-60 as M-B specifies.
I have to agree. Drove what could become mine last night. Gobs of torque. Nice exhaust note. The wife and I sold the Vette a year ago and have been debating what to replace it with and we are pretty close to settled. Now we just need spring to return to go topless.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:13 AM

'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
Thanks Erling
Old 12-02-2011, 04:10 AM

2012 E550 Coupe
Installed my V8 BITURBO emblems tonight...

Just a word of warning, if you're not used to doing graphics or any kind of decals, emblems etc. this install may not be for you. It takes patients. I've been doing vehicle graphic installs for about 25 years and it caused me some pause.

1. Use a heat gun to moderately heat up the BLUE EFFICIENCY badge. You want it just hot enough to pull on corner away using your fingers. Be careful..it's HOT. DO NOT use anything sharp or hard. Once you get the corner moved, slowly removed the rest of the badge pulling as much glue as you can with hit
2. Glue removal: Pretty easy. While the glue is still hot, take your fingers and "roll" as much glue off as you can.
4. Using a micro fiber towel, use "GOOF OFF" and very lightly, begin soaking the glue with the Goof Off. Use your finger nail and easily pick at the glue the roll it again. Pick, roll, pick, rool. It'll be off in about 5 minutes.
5. Once it's clean, use masking tapa (or similiar) to lay down a strait edge line. I would recommend you tape it to follow the body lines of the car. If you attach it straight across the fender, you'll be sorry. This tape line with be your guide for the emblems.
6. this is where it gets fun. iike a previous poster said, each letter is seperate and must be installed individually. I drew tic marks at the base of each letter so i had some kind of model to foolow, using tweezers, i SLOWLY placed each letter on the fender. It turned out fantastic. Looks factory!!
Once your done just carefully wipe fingerprints and smudge marks and enjoy!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
Nice guide for removing the BE badges.

Quick pointer though, every badge I've seen/bought from MB comes with the badges sat on a piece of paper with a clear laminate on the top, the badges are stuck more to the clear laminate than the paper so you can peel the paper away and see where you're placing all the badges- so don't peel the clear laminate away first, take the paper off then apply all the badges in one go. (that's how I applied the "Powered by Brabus" badge on the back of my car, can't imagine how tedious that would have been to apply each letter!!)

I had to do the masking tape in a line method when re applying the SLK350 badges to the back of my SLK a few years back, so stressful (never again!)
Old 12-02-2011, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by 1 MB
I've been doing vehicle graphic installs for about 25 years and it caused me some pause.
<snip>
6. this is where it gets fun. iike a previous poster said, each letter is seperate and must be installed individually. I drew tic marks at the base of each letter so i had some kind of model to foolow, using tweezers, i SLOWLY placed each letter on the fender. It turned out fantastic. Looks factory!!
Ouch. You've been doing vehicle graphics for 25 years and you didn't use the premask that came on the badges?? Tedious is an understatement.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:27 PM

2012 E550 Cab
Sorry if I wasn't clear as to the "individual letters" on the badge. The letters are individual but all pieces are affixed to a single piece of backing material which is used in the application process to keep things in the proper orientation and in the final part of the installation removed leaving the individual letters appropiately placed. I couldn't imagine doing each letter by itself and actually getting them even. If that were the case the car would still have the OE badges on it.

Let me be the first, Happy Holidays!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:51 PM

'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
Originally Posted by Raygt3
Sorry if I wasn't clear as to the "individual letters" on the badge. The letters are individual but all pieces are affixed to a single piece of backing material which is used in the application process to keep things in the proper orientation and in the final part of the installation removed leaving the individual letters appropiately placed. I couldn't imagine doing each letter by itself and actually getting them even. If that were the case the car would still have the OE badges on it.

Let me be the first, Happy Holidays!
Ray-
Thanks for the great information about the badge.
Happy Holidays to you and all forum members too.
John
Old 12-21-2011, 02:27 PM

'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
I received the following email from my dealer after they installed the new V-8 BiTurbo badging.

Badging looks sweet. Way better than Blue Efficiency. got to thinking about it. All of these new motors have more horsies than last year. You would think consumers are more geared towards performance than Blue Stuff. Why not make that evident? Maybe the guy that bought one a year or two ago looks at that and says "I bought the first one for the bigger motor and power... maybe I should trade up."
Old 05-05-2012, 01:10 PM

2012 E550 Cab
Ray - we have exactly the same car. Great job on the badges and light lens. Can I ask where you got the V8 badge from, and who changed them over? I'm definitely going to do the same, especially as the guy at the car wash the other day looked at my BlueEfficiency badge and asked me.... wait for it.... is it a diesel? !!!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Current: 2019 M5 Donnington Gray, 2021 GLE53 Diamond White Met. Previous: 2010 C63, 2012 E550 Coupe
I put this badge on our E550 Coupe also. Thanks to Enzo the Cat for sending me the part number. It's 2218171715. Just verify with the dealer what it says to be sure.

It's not hard to get the old Blue Efficiency badge off. Just use a hair dryer to warm it up and dental floss to get it off. A little Goo Gone will get any adhesive off the car.

The tough part is getting the new badge on straight. I put a strip of tape on the front of the badge and peeled the whole thing off the backing they had it on. This makes it easier, but not easy, to get it straight. Next time I would use double backed scotch tape on the badge and stick the front to a piece of stiff cardboard to keep all the letters straight.

The other thing to note is "what is level"? I leveled mine with the trim on the car, not the ground. That trim lowers toward the front of the car and I think it would look funny leveled with the ground.

Good luck, it looks great.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 CLS550 4Matic
Just got our car a few weeks ago and I agree it could use the 'V8 biturbo' badge. I chose a single badge on the rear deck lid to balance the E550 badge. As mentioned before (and in other post) placing a strip or two of clear packing tape on the front surface of emblem keeps all the letters together when your remove the backing strip for installation.
Attached Thumbnails Cab e550 &quot;V8 Bi Turbo&quot; Badging?-e550_6.jpg   Cab e550 &quot;V8 Bi Turbo&quot; Badging?-e550_5.jpg  
Old 07-10-2013, 01:36 PM

S 560, C 63 S Cabriolet
Looking good, Jeffy!!!

Originally Posted by Jeffy
Just got our car a few weeks ago and I agree it could use the 'V8 biturbo' badge. I chose a single badge on the rear deck lid to balance the E550 badge. As mentioned before (and in other post) placing a strip or two of clear packing tape on the front surface of emblem keeps all the letters together when your remove the backing strip for installation.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:44 AM

E550 Coupe
Anyone bought the badges from ebay? I plan to get 1 from China for fun and re wrap it with carbon fiber.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:47 PM

2012 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by DanielDuc
I plan to get 1 from China for fun and re wrap it with carbon fiber.
Good luck with that Daniel, vinyl wrapping those small letters will be incredibly difficult and likely won't adhere properly ... at least according to my guys, that's why I went with painting my badging.

Let us know if indeed it does work out for you.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:42 PM

C207 E500
i have them on my car..adds a bit of detail to the side and looks good

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cab e550 "V8 Bi Turbo" Badging?