E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Unable to program the integrated garage door opener (home link)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Unable to program the integrated garage door opener (home link)

I read the manual on page 268 and also watched the video on youtube.com (by Austin MBZ).

Eventhough the car is brand new, I did the clear memory (hold down buttion 2 and 4 until it turned green).

Then I chose button 2, pressed and hold button 2, it showed solid yellow and never flash, if I continuted to hold, it turned to solid green. Never slow flash green.

Both instructions on page 268 and the youtube video indicated that button one (lighted button either yellow or green) should flash which means that it is ready to accept the code from the garage door opener. I was unable to get the light to flash which means that it was never ready to accept the code. I did hold the button for at least 30 seconds but the light never flashed or blinked.

What did I do wrong? I turned the smartkey to position 2 as instructed in the manual.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

mP
Old 10-29-2011, 05:11 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I did my programming and it went okay without problem.

If I read your descripton correctly, the first annormally was that after your attempt to clear the memory, you hold the 2 button but it didn't flash yellow (but with a solid yellow instead.)

The only time that I remember seeing a solid yellow was during the clearing-memory procedures, so let's step back from the beginning of the procedures and try this...

1. Make sure the ignition is in position 2 (if your car has Keyless Go - without pressing the brake, hit the Start button twice to get to the position 2.)

2. Clear the memory (again, to be sure) by pressing 2 and 4 buttons at the same time, it should have a solid yellow light.

3. 'Release' both 2 and 4, then 're-press & hold' 2 and 4 again. This time it should have a green light. (be sure to release 2 and 4 after a solid yellow, and then re-press 2 and 4 to get the green.)

4. Press and hold 2, and see if it will have a flash yellow.

If you have a flash yellow, congratulations and please proceed. If you still cannot get a flash yellow, it might not be a bad idea to visit your dealer and ask the Service Adviser to help programming it.

Best luck,
Old 10-29-2011, 11:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks ax, went to homelink website and got it. The trick is not to hold button 2. Pressed and released and I got flashing yellow which allowed for programming with my garage door opener. The instruction in the manual is a bit confusing and the video on youtube shows press and HOLD the button which did not work for me.
The instruction on Homelink website is clear on press and release the button.

Mp
Old 10-29-2011, 02:54 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Congrats Mp,

Glad you had it working.

Enjoy your new car!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350C
I'm so confused on ours...it 'yellow' actually orange? I have green, orange and red.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:29 PM

C-250
Yellow is Orange

I appreciate the help!

I banged my head against the wall for a while on this one, because I only have orange, red , green lights.

It seems that where the instructions reference Yellow, it should be Orange in the MB manual on page 268, and also on the Homelink website and automated telephone system.

And position 2, referenced earlier in this thread is clicking the ignition button twice without pressing the brake. I assume that is in the manual somewhere which I havent read from beginning to end.

Once I did those two things, it took me about 2 minutes , including a trip up the ladder to press the reset button on the garage door opener from beginning to end.

Thanks again for the help!

Old 09-09-2012, 09:29 PM

Mercedes E350 Coupe
Anyone here able to get this working with a 2012 E350 on a CONDOMINIUM garage door?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 PM

here's how it worked for me

This was a source of frustration for me (2011 E Coupe).. everything was just a bit different than described in the manuals and videos.

here's how it worked for me;
1. Clear the codes Push button 1 and 3 simultaneously until the lights blink (this worked as advertised)

2. simultaneously press and hold both your garage door remote and the desired homelink button -- it will flash amber while this is happening, then quickly flash green once it's done - the initial code has been recorded.

3. Essentially every recent garage door system is 'rolling code' so expect this step - find the 'learn' button on your garage door motor, it's usually under the light housing and is always well-labeled. tap it to set your opener to 'learning mode' (for my liftmaster a light comes on to indicate this)

4. get back in your car (you have 30 seconds) and press the homelink button you designated in step 2 and hold it for 3 seconds, then press and hold again for 3 seconds - repeat until your opener learns your home link - usually this is indicated by it flashing the lights.. oh and your door will start moving.