E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Is adding "AMG" badge to trunk, posing??

Old 01-17-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E550C
Is adding "AMG" badge to trunk, posing??

Hey guys,
On the way home today, I saw a very late model (2010+) S550 with the "AMG" Badge on the right side of the trunk. As it is not an S63/65, it's not an AMG vehicle but had the appearance or sport package (whatever they call it) with the AMG wheels. I did like how it looked.

Obviously, the AMG badge would be expected on a E63 sedan or similar. However, is putting an AMG badge on a E350/550 or similar with appearance package and AMG wheels, posing??
Old 01-17-2012, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Yes... an AMG is more than an appearance package. It's like the person who puts an M badge on their 328i.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E550 Coupe
Yes, yes it is...
Old 01-18-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-three_FiF
+3 engine makes it a AMG
Old 01-18-2012, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
No good.. no reason to badge it if its not an AMG!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Originally Posted by nauticalx
...is putting an AMG badge on a E350/550 or similar with appearance package and AMG wheels, posing??
I also say yes, posing. Ask these guys their thoughts;

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg...mg-posers.html
Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
+6
Old 01-18-2012, 09:46 AM

2017 991.2 Turbo PDK 2017 C63S Coupe Ceramic Brakes 2015 CLS63S AMG Full House
Hey guys,
On the way home today, I saw a very late model (2010+) S550 with the "AMG" Badge on the right side of the trunk. As it is not an S63/65, it's not an AMG vehicle but had the appearance or sport package (whatever they call it) with the AMG wheels. I did like how it looked.

Obviously, the AMG badge would be expected on a E63 sedan or similar. However, is putting an AMG badge on a E350/550 or similar with appearance package and AMG wheels, posing??
Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
I just got my e coupe last month, and it came when the amg badge already on it. I spoke to my salesman and he said if you get the amg sport package they already add the amg badge. But I want to remove it since I am planning on getting a few things from Vath such as exhaust and ECU and some exterior add ons (diffuser & trunk lip)
Old 01-18-2012, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
Its posing. Its even worse when they talk to people to try and pass it off as one. Instead of someone saying for example "I have a Mercedes S550 with the AMG appearance package" They say "I have a Mercedes S550 AMG."-Wrong. Some dealers do put them on the car when it comes to the package. I dont know why.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:39 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 E550 Cab
It's your car. You like it, stick it on there. A mod is a mod is a mod. Most people won't even notice, some will notice and not care, and some will try to tell you how to live your life. The only opinion that counts is the owner's.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E550C
Originally Posted by AlnoorK
I just got my e coupe last month, and it came when the amg badge already on it. I spoke to my salesman and he said if you get the amg sport package they already add the amg badge. But I want to remove it since I am planning on getting a few things from Vath such as exhaust and ECU and some exterior add ons (diffuser & trunk lip)
Where are you located? SOmething tells me that the European and other non-American model E Coupes do include the AMG badging from the factory. Is this true?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Hey guys,

Yes. It's posing
Originally Posted by gthal
Yes... an AMG is more than an appearance package. It's like the person who puts an M badge on their 328i.

Originally Posted by Kevwood
I also say yes, posing. Ask these guys their thoughts;

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg...mg-posers.html
You should see the wall of shame in the 211 AMG section "official poser sighting". We got some good ones.
Take it off.
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Its posing. Its even worse when they talk to people to try and pass it off as one. Instead of someone saying for example "I have a Mercedes S550 with the AMG appearance package" They say "I have a Mercedes S550 AMG."-Wrong. Some dealers do put them on the car when it comes to the package. I dont know why.
I get this all the time.A guy actually told me that his brother had a CLS65 AMG.
Originally Posted by laramr
It's your car. You like it, stick it on there. A mod is a mod is a mod. Most people won't even notice, some will notice and not care, and some will try to tell you how to live your life. The only opinion that counts is the owner's.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:23 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Where are you located? SOmething tells me that the European and other non-American model E Coupes do include the AMG badging from the factory. Is this true?
I am in Toronto, Canada. Yea, I was quite shocked when I saw it on the car. I am just waiting for the summer to order my Vath parts and take off the amg badge.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by laramr
+1, Who Cares. Surprised as to why this is such as hot topic on this forum. What some puts or does to their car "should" have no effect on you. I don't understand the issue TC
Old 01-19-2012, 05:57 AM

CL203(06) C207(10)
U can do everything and stick everything U want to your car, but an AMG its suppose to be a special car, and the way people randomize it is depressing... one time I even saw a FORD FOCUS TDCI "AMG"...
What I mean is, an AMG its a AMG, a regular MB is a regular MB. Now if U have a projecto of putting the an AMG engine on the car, I think that wouldnt be so bad, but even so, I would not stick anything to the car.
I like to keep it clean
Old 01-19-2012, 06:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Your salesman is talking out of his ***...if that is a new car then the dealer added the AMG badge at PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection)...if it is used then the previous owner added the AMG badge. Those badges are so easy to get from Ebay...

The AMG badging does not come from the factory unless it has the AMG engine...and the performance.

Yea...you can keep it on because it is your money and car...it is posing if you understand the above. 90% of the folks out there have no clue what the AMG badges represents. Your salesman should, though. Either he is truly is ignorant of the brand he is selling or he is blowing smoke up your ***.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Your salesman is talking out of his ***...if that is a new car then the dealer added the AMG badge at PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection)...if it is used then the previous owner added the AMG badge. Those badges are so easy to get from Ebay...

The AMG badging does not come from the factory unless it has the AMG engine...and the performance.

Yea...you can keep it on because it is your money and car...it is posing if you understand the above. 90% of the folks out there have no clue what the AMG badges represents. Your salesman should, though. Either he is truly is ignorant of the brand he is selling or he is blowing smoke up your ***.
Thats what I was thinking! But I saw a few other e class coupes in the lot with the badges as well. Canada is weird :P But yes I do plan on taking it off. It is just winter here so I do not want to do any mods to it yet except getting my windows tinted. After Winter is gone, bye bye AMG badge, and hello to VATH tuning. BTW congrats on the GTR. Thats a beautiful car.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Dealers of poor repute often add these because most buyers don't understand what qualifies a real AMG and it helps make the sale. I give most posers the benefit of a doubt unless it's combined with other incorrect badges.

I honestly don't care either way, I just find it amusing when I see one.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by clkwork
Dealers of poor repute often add these because most buyers don't understand what qualifies a real AMG and it helps make the sale. I give most posers the benefit of a doubt unless it's combined with other incorrect badges.

I honestly don't care either way, I just find it amusing when I see one.
It doesn't bother me at all anymore...life is too short. But it does provide a chuckle...even a laugh when some folks take poseurship to another level...like fake quad tips, V12TT badges, AMG body kits with really small brake calipers, or totally weird badge numbering...

You see A LOT of that on Ebay...
Old 01-19-2012, 09:59 AM

2013 E550 Coupe
Hey AMGfan,

Where in Tampa? I grew up there, lived down in Palma Ceia, went to Plant etc... bought my last cars from MBOT... Let me hear from you!

Best, M.

Originally Posted by AMGfan
It doesn't bother me at all anymore...life is too short. But it does provide a chuckle...even a laugh when some folks take poseurship to another level...like fake quad tips, V12TT badges, AMG body kits with really small brake calipers, or totally weird badge numbering...

You see A LOT of that on Ebay...
Old 01-19-2012, 10:01 AM

2016 C450 AMG Sport
Hey guys, Ive seen a lot of fake AMGed cars but thats because the dealers throw them on based on the AMG packages that they put on the cars. I have a friend that is a salesman for MB and he said they badge the cars themselves at certain dealers. Personally I dont see the point of making an E350 AMG as I have seen..... Veridict: Poser
Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by emdem
Hey AMGfan,

Where in Tampa? I grew up there, lived down in Palma Ceia, went to Plant etc... bought my last cars from MBOT... Let me hear from you!

Best, M.
M...I'm in Ruskin area. I'll be at Dupont CC on Saturday with the GTR.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM

2013 E550 Coupe
Cool. I'm up in Ocala now, I'll have to see if I can get down to St. Pete for the meet... I'll stop by and say hello... Mark
Old 01-19-2012, 05:02 PM

E250 Cabriolet
I would say its posing, as its not an AMG Car. Better than a C300 i Saw in NYC with an AMG Badge, with stock rims, stock body+stock exhaust! Lol

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is adding "AMG" badge to trunk, posing??