E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New E350 coupe owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
New E350 coupe owner

Hi there!

I am a new E coupe owner in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I have a E350 coupe Arctic White with Black interior with the P1 package, rear spoiler, and the AMG appearance package. I transitioned from a E92 M3 which was awesome in it's own right but I needed something more practical for daily driving.

So far, I love the E350 coupe but miss the performance of the M3 just a little. Not enough for me to want to go back or upgrade to an E550. Perhaps, what I miss more than anything is the aggressive appearance of the M3. While the E350 coupe is a beautiful vehicle it is not very aggressive appearing even with the AMG package.

With that in mind, I have been reading through this forum and have found some very nice appearance mods on here that I really like. To name a few, I think efan, stage350, and kongzz have done a great job of making their E coupes look sportier. I have even contacted efan to see what he has to offer.

I was wondering if MB offers any exterior upgrades to make the E350 look like an "AMG" version or even the 550. I couldn't find anything online to support this here in the USA. I have seen some of the body kits available like Revozport, Prior, Brabus but have no clue on how to go about getting the kit delivered and more importantly installed here in DFW. I also would like to lower the car and get bigger wheels.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 01:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
Hey there, if you really wanted to, you could order the AMG bumpers as parts from an MB dealer complete with the grilles and DRLs and fit those? That would no doubt make the car look more aggressive, I don't know if MB dealers in the US do it but in the UK and Europe you can order Brabus parts through them too so if Brabus appealed to you then you could order those too?

All depends on what your preference is to how you want to make your car more aggressive

Last edited by Dr-Nab; 03-15-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'08 CL600 with 152k km; '01 E430 4Matic with 428k km; '17 Porsche Cayenne with 103k km
Originally Posted by drjay71
Hi there!

I am a new E coupe owner in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I have a E350 coupe Arctic White with Black interior with the P1 package, rear spoiler, and the AMG appearance package. I transitioned from a E92 M3 which was awesome in it's own right but I needed something more practical for daily driving.

So far, I love the E350 coupe but miss the performance of the M3 just a little. Not enough for me to want to go back or upgrade to an E550. Perhaps, what I miss more than anything is the aggressive appearance of the M3. While the E350 coupe is a beautiful vehicle it is not very aggressive appearing even with the AMG package.

With that in mind, I have been reading through this forum and have found some very nice appearance mods on here that I really like. To name a few, I think efan, stage350, and kongzz have done a great job of making their E coupes look sportier. I have even contacted efan to see what he has to offer.

I was wondering if MB offers any exterior upgrades to make the E350 look like an "AMG" version or even the 550. I couldn't find anything online to support this here in the USA. I have seen some of the body kits available like Revozport, Prior, Brabus but have no clue on how to go about getting the kit delivered and more importantly installed here in DFW. I also would like to lower the car and get bigger wheels.

Thanks
You might have to do a little leg-work, or chiming in with other MBWorld members from the DFW area. I live in STL area, and even up here I can find an authorized Lorinser and Brabus dealer. You shouldn't have a problem. Best of luck to you, the E350 coupé is no slouch considering what a CLK320 and CLK350 got you, in terms of HP.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:05 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Thanks for the replies so far
Old 03-15-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Hi there!

Thanks
So far, I love the E350 coupe but miss the performance of the M3 just a little. Not enough for me to want to go back or upgrade to an E550.

Welcome to the forum. Just wondering if you've tried driving in "S" (Sport) mode?

It almost certainly won't duplicate the performance of your M3, but it does make a noticable difference, especially in around-town driving where upshifts from a standing start and low-speed driving are frequent.

The car always starts out in "E" mode by default and that can't be changed. E mode does not use first gear. The car starts from a standing stop in second, which can cause it to drag a bit, depending on terrain.

If you do try "S," use it for a while so it can learn your driving style; it will perform better with a little time. "S" mode starts the car from a stop in first gear and it locks out seventh gear and modifies the shift points in general. All-in-all, to me the car feels livelier or torquier in "S" mode. Fuel economy may be reduced slightly.

For highway driving I would revert to "E" mode. You can then take advantage of seventh gear. To me it makes for a smoother ride and probably will give you a little bit better fuel economy.

BTW, I'm no expert on mods like Nab and some others, but I have to agree that with a white color E350, upgraded lower body work makes a great and highly desirable mod.

Good luck.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:23 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
I know the first mod will be taking off the Blue Efficiency badges!
Attached Thumbnails New E350 coupe owner-img_2309.jpg   New E350 coupe owner-img_2304.jpg   New E350 coupe owner-img_2324.jpg  
Old 03-15-2012, 09:29 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Old 03-18-2012, 01:16 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
I already have a little spoiler on my car but it doesn't stand out very much. I am thinking about getting a CF one from efan but scared to take off the OEM one and not confident about installing a new one. I also have ordered a new grill from 55tech and I am sure that will look good. What I will probably will do is have my dealer install both the new grill and spoiler.

After this, I would like to get either new AMG (or replica) matte black wheels or paint/powder coat my existing AMG wheels (18"). I would like to get red caliper covers and bigger brakes but don't know much about wheels and tires.

My next thought was then address the front and rear bumpers as well as the diffuser and exhaust to make it look more "AMG".

I wil continue reading the forum for tips.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:54 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
HAHA! I should get on that! Every time I go to the my car I see those stupid badges but always forget to add it to my list of what to change.