E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bi-Xenon or not

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 500SEC Euro, 2012 E350 Coupe
Bi-Xenon or not

So I just came home with a 2012 E350 Coupe with P1 package and was curious to know what are the standard headlights that come on the E350? Can they be made into Bi-xenons?

Thanks for the help
Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
Assume you know the Bi-Xenons are part of the P2 package.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:36 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by hovsepdov
So I just came home with a 2012 E350 Coupe with P1 package and was curious to know what are the standard headlights that come on the E350? Can they be made into Bi-xenons?

Thanks for the help
Welcome to the forum.

If you have P1, you have the standard halogen headlights. I'm not much into mods., but I've read that others have found aftermarket xenons for conversion. If this is correct, you have to be careful about doing them in such a way as to avoid computer errors.

Perhaps others may know if you can upgrade to OEM P2 / bi-xenons post-acquisition, along with the adaptive high beam assist, etc. I'm kind of thinking that's not possible, but don't know for sure.

Also, if you have the P1 package, your DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) may not stay activated when you turn the headlights on and there may be no way to program them to do so. With the P2 package, the DRL's can be programmed to remain lit at reduced brightness when the headlights are on. Looks good that way.

Good luck with your new Benz.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by BenzMan369
Welcome to the forum.

If you have P1, you have the standard halogen headlights. I'm not much into mods., but I've read that others have found aftermarket xenons for conversion. If this is correct, you have to be careful about doing them in such a way as to avoid computer errors.

Perhaps others may know if you can upgrade to OEM P2 / bi-xenons post-acquisition, along with the adaptive high beam assist, etc. I'm kind of thinking that's not possible, but don't know for sure.

Also, if you have the P1 package, your DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) may not stay activated when you turn the headlights on and there may be no way to program them to do so. With the P2 package, the DRL's can be programmed to remain lit at reduced brightness when the headlights are on. Looks good that way.

Good luck with your new Benz.
Ive read the thread about the DRL and just want to be clear they are the LED lights in the bumper. If this is true then I just want to say that I can run the LED lights when I have my head lights on
Old 03-22-2012, 12:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by hovsepdov
Ive read the thread about the DRL and just want to be clear they are the LED lights in the bumper. If this is true then I just want to say that I can run the LED lights when I have my head lights on
It's these lights:

If it's those above that you are referring to, that's great news. Just confuses the situation more, in that so many with the P1 package have reported they can't do that.

Maybe it's just the older style "hockey stick" shaped DRL's that can't be lit at the same time??

Anyway, I don't want to start another whole thread on the topic, so I'm glad yours work properly.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by BenzMan369
It's these lights:

If it's those above that you are referring to, that's great news. Just confuses the situation more, in that so many with the P1 package have reported they can't do that.

Maybe it's just the older style "hockey stick" shaped DRL's that can't be lit at the same time??

Anyway, I don't want to start another whole thread on the topic, so I'm glad yours work properly.
Maybe it is the older style that doesn't turn on because I have a button next to my headlight nod that turns the DRL on/off