E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

BT streaming on old command firmware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 E63s Polar White
BT streaming on old command firmware

So poking around I found how to enable Bluetooth streaming and hands free phone on my 2010 550. I have been trying this for a year with no luck until I had a little extra time this weekend to investigate. So for the past year what I found was the Iphone can only be paired up with either BT Streaming or Handsfree, but not both at the same time. You get a connection error. Unless you trick it. So to do this pair up Bluetooth Audio to your Iphone first. Make sure you have deauthorized your Iphone from Handsfree first. Once you have paired BT streaming and your Iphone you should now be able to hear music. Now scroll to your Phone connection in the Command System. Select Bluetooth phones , update , optons and External Authorization like your pairing a second device. Make sure you cancel out of External Authorization. The music should stop for a second but will start playing again. When you look at your phone it will be paired with your handsfree as well as your BT Streaming. The only thing that sucks is when you turn off the car you have to repeat the steps. I plan to hit MB up for a Command Upgrade to see if that fixes it. Did a Command firmware update fix BT streaming issue on 2010's
Old 05-07-2012, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2012 SL550
My '11 doesn't have that problem and uses the same hardware, I think, so there must be a software update that fixes it.

May depend on the dealer, but generally if you go in with a specific complaint about COMAND that they can reproduce, such as this, they update for free.

Regards,
Don
Old 05-07-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550 coupe
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...10-models.html