E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Annoying rattles and clicks

Old 07-06-2012, 12:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550 coupe
Annoying rattles and clicks

I have some noises and am looking to see if anyone has simple fixes before I head to the dealer.
The first I've identified and is from the rear sunshade. When it is folded up, it rattles over uneven surfaces (of which there are many around here). When it is deployed, no rattle (or much less anyway).
The second is a sliding sound (almost as if there's a credit card sliding on a plastic shelf). I hear this when there is sideways acceleration (i.e. during a turn). It sounds like it comes from the rearview mirror area.
The third seems to come from the front passenger side and is a clicking sound whenever I go over a bump (like the ones that join different slabs on the freeway). Opening the windows on that side doesn't seem to affect it.
All of these are heard from the driving position and I've not had a passenger in the car yet to help identify the location and/or press things.
There are no loose objects that I'm aware of either in the cabin, various holders or glovebox.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 AMG Sport
Originally Posted by dsayed
I have some noises and am looking to see if anyone has simple fixes before I head to the dealer.
The first I've identified and is from the rear sunshade. When it is folded up, it rattles over uneven surfaces (of which there are many around here). When it is deployed, no rattle (or much less anyway).
The second is a sliding sound (almost as if there's a credit card sliding on a plastic shelf). I hear this when there is sideways acceleration (i.e. during a turn). It sounds like it comes from the rearview mirror area.
The third seems to come from the front passenger side and is a clicking sound whenever I go over a bump (like the ones that join different slabs on the freeway). Opening the windows on that side doesn't seem to affect it.
All of these are heard from the driving position and I've not had a passenger in the car yet to help identify the location and/or press things.
There are no loose objects that I'm aware of either in the cabin, various holders or glovebox.

I have the same issues.....
Old 07-06-2012, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
The mirror clicking I used to have when I went over a bump. I fixed it by giving it a huge whack. I get angry eventually and just hit it really hard which seemed to fix it.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:15 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
I have one the "First" problem and also strange noises from left back passenger side outside the car, something to do with suspension i guess.