E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Address Book from Android

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-350
Address Book from Android

Hello all. First time in the forum. Just got 2013 E350 replacing 2010 same model. Love it!! Couple of questions about the phone address book:
1. Whenever I edit the address book, (deleting duplicates, for example), after a few moments, the address book updates and the deleted duplicates reappear!
2. How can I get the address book to list the contacts with first names first? Customer names (Companies) show up, for example, as "Inc., Jones Company" instead of "Jones Company, Inc.
3. This may seem like a stupid question but....from where does the address book get its information? From Google? From the android phone? I'm at a loss as to how to get the address book to work the way I'd like it to work! Anyone??
THANKS!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Coupe 4Matic, 1956 Chevrolet Convertible, Lexus RX 350
Originally Posted by Darryl1940
Hello all. First time in the forum. Just got 2013 E350 replacing 2010 same model. Love it!! Couple of questions about the phone address book:
1. Whenever I edit the address book, (deleting duplicates, for example), after a few moments, the address book updates and the deleted duplicates reappear!
2. How can I get the address book to list the contacts with first names first? Customer names (Companies) show up, for example, as "Inc., Jones Company" instead of "Jones Company, Inc.
3. This may seem like a stupid question but....from where does the address book get its information? From Google? From the android phone? I'm at a loss as to how to get the address book to work the way I'd like it to work! Anyone??
THANKS!
I believe it uploads it from your phone, and of course your phone gets it form Google.

I have found that it will not read the address correctly to use for Nav. I asked in this forum earlier if anyone has had success, and how. Got zero replies. I guess using the address book uploaded from phone is not a common task for MB users.

MY presumption is that the format is likely based on iPhone, and hence incompatible. Auto manufacturers do not recognize Android as a viable solution, apparently.