E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

side lamp replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E450, GLC43 Coupe, SL350
side lamp replacement

hi again guys
iv changed my headlamps to the 8000k but want to change the side lamps to match. iv found some LED bulbs on CKS Performance.
BUT i i was told by someone i bought some interior bulbs from that the side lamps are on a module that controls the DRLs and shoudnt be played around with.
HEEELLLPPPP
Old 09-11-2012, 05:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
the DRLs aren't controlled by anything other than the menu option which enables/disables them and your light sensor to activate them or use the dipped beams, one thing with changing a normal bulb to an LED bulb is the resistance levels the on board computer reads - LEDs have a lower power draw so need a resistor to equalise it other wise you'll end up with an error code or go in to limp mode
Old 09-11-2012, 06:03 AM

E450, GLC43 Coupe, SL350
Hi nab love your car. Iv got the Carlsson lip ready to put on my car but just need time to get it done. Iv been speaking to Bill at Ecoupeshop to get a carbon rear diffuser done aswell he was telling me about the one youve just got. Looks good!
I can get plug'n'play resistors from CKS to go with the LED bulbs but wanted to make sure i wasnt going to upset anything on the eletrical front.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:12 AM

Thanks

Yeah he's a very good guy! With regards to the resistors you'd need to make sure they are the right ones - I mean it can be a bit tricky taking someone elses word for it but as well as that, the resistors can't touch any metal in the lamp fixing because it may short out or get way too hot and melt the fixing/surround.

Is your car a sport model? Can't understand why you'd want to upgrade the bulbs unless it wasn't one because the luminosity and projection of the lights on mine are unreal and the colour match is great too.

To be honest, for what the carlsson lip is worth I'm not over the moon with it, love the way it looks but reckon I would have been better off with something else, probably the RZ Rezonance bumper and lip but hey live and learn and all that, got very little ground clearance as well now so have to be extra careful driving everywhere.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 AM

E450, GLC43 Coupe, SL350
Yea mines the sport but for some reason the sidelights seem alot yellower than the rest of the lights. I had an S5 before this and did all the lights on that aswell so it might be buggin me more because of what im used to looking at. I put the carlsson lip up against my car last week and your right about the ground clearance. The RZ bumper looks the business. But i thought id keep it a bit more simple with just a bumper addition.
Next thing i wanted to do was change to the Straight bar style DRLs
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 AM

seems a bit strange that they are yellowed, mine are a nice white colour, I did look at and buy a replacement set of bulbs to make them brighter with resistors built in but then when it came to fitting them it looked as if the LEDs that were in were more or less soldered in place so replacing properly would mean I have to take the light apart and solder it in place - way too much effort!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:48 PM

E450, GLC43 Coupe, SL350
Sounds it!
You know what i was looking at the car tonight and for some reason the lights look whiter than i remember!
Im not sure wether it was because it was dark. Usually i only get to see it in the day (iv only had car 4 days so still finding stuff out haha)
Ill have to put some pics up soon to see what you lot rekon of it so far.